Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery. Has a clinical interest in HPB Surgery with a specific focus on minimally invasive techniques, the use of radiofrequency energy as a resection tool, cholangiocarcinomas and neuroendocrine tumours.
- BSc in Biochemistry, University of Southampton, 1985
- MB ChB, University of Birmingham, 1989
- FRCS (Eng), 1993
- FRCS (Gen Surg), 2002
- MD, University of London, 2006
- Molecular pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinomas to identify novel therapeutic targets.
- Early detection of cholangiocarcinomas using novel biomarkers
- Synthesis of novel molecular conjugates comprising chemotherapeutic agents and transporter molecules for targeted delivery to cholangiocarcinomas.
- Stellate cancer-associated fibroblasts contribution to chemoresistance of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Module leader BSc in Surgery and Anaesthesia (Module 1: Regeneration, repair and cancer control).
- BSc in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- MSc in Surgical Science
- MSc in Surgical Technology
- Whipps Cross Higher Surgery Course
- Supervising 2 PhD, 2 MSc and 1 MRes Projects
- Sub-editor of the Journal of HPB Surgery
et al., 2022, Pancreaticoduodenectomy with right hemicolectomy for advanced malignancy: a single UK hepatopancreaticobiliary centre experience, Colorectal Disease, ISSN:1462-8910
et al., 2022, Unusual cause of intraoperative haemorrhage: a lesson for patient counselling, Bmj Case Reports, Vol:15
et al., 2022, Can surgical skills be taught using technological advances online? A comparative study of online and face-to-face surgical skills training, Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, Vol:36, ISSN:0930-2794, Pages:4631-4637
et al., 2022, PRIME-HCC: phase Ib study of neoadjuvant ipilimumab and nivolumab prior to liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma, International Liver Congress, ELSEVIER, Pages:S108-S109, ISSN:0168-8278
et al., 2022, Preliminary results from a phase Ib study of neoadjuvant ipilimumab plus nivolumab prior to liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma: The PRIME-HCC trial., LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, ISSN:0732-183X