- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow (01/08/2020 – PRESENT) – Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- BBSRC Flexible Talent Mobility Account (01/01 – 31/03/2022) – Imperial College London/MSD, London, United Kingdom
- CRUK Research Associate in Medicinal Chemistry (07/01/2019 – 31/07/2020) – Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- PhD student (04/02/2015 – 28/12/2018) – German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany
- Visiting scientist in the Tate group (07/01 – 18/03/2018) – Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Visiting scientist at PEPCF (01/02 – 01/04/2016) – EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
- M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technologies [B.Sc M.Sc equivalent] (01/10/2009 – 14/10/2014) – Department of Pharmacy, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- BBSRC Flexible Talent Mobility Account
01/01/2022 – 31/03/2022 – Imperial College London/MSD, London, United Kingdom
This is a BBSRC awarded internal scheme at Imperial College to promote the development of early-career scientists sponsoring secondments with industrial exchange.
- Co-Investigator for the project “Covalent small molecules targeting Rab27 to block cancer metastasis” funded by Worldwide Cancer Research (22-0170)
01/03/2022 – 01/03/2025 – Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
This is an international yearly-awarded grant to support cancer research. Our proposal is based on the current data generated in my main project and has received very positive feedback from reviewers.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship (H2020 MSCA-IF 890900, RabTarget4Metastasis)
01/08/2020 – 01/08/2022 – Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
This is a competitive fellowship granted from the European Commission to support my research.
- EMBO short term fellowship (STF-7471)
15/01/2019 – European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO)
Fellowship to support a 2-month research visit to the laboratory of Prof Tate at Imperial College London. Project: validation of activity-based probes (ABPs) for Kallikrein-related peptidase 6 (KLK6).
- Highly Commended Candidate for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science UK & Ireland Programme 2022
24/05/2022 – London, United Kingdom
My proposal on dephosphorylating chimeras was ranked in the top 10 candidates nationwide, receiving significant media coverage.
- Winner of the 2021 Merck Innovation Cup, Prize: € 20,000.00
02/07/2021 – Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
As part of the Drug Discovery Technologies team, I contributed to develop an initial scientific idea on molecular glues into a structured pitch for innovative applications in Drug Discovery, awarded first place in the Cup.
- GDCh Doctoral prize for Medicinal Chemistry, Prize: € 500.00
27/03/2019 – Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh), Germany
Awardee of the Medicinal Chemistry Doctoral Prize (Promotionspreise Medizinische Chemie).
- Excellence award
14/10/2014 – University of Pisa, Italy
Granted upon successful completion of a merit-based parallel course to promote development of high-profile students. Eligibility: timely graduation with an average score of 27/30 or above, and no grade below 25/30, plus extracurricular courses and examinations.
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
23/02/2022– PRESENT – Royal Society of Chemistry, United Kingdom
- Panel Member of the Chemical Biology and Healthcare seminar series
01/07/2021– PRESENT – Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Early-Career Researcher Taskforce
17/12/2020– PRESENT – Biochemical Society/Portland Press, United Kingdom
- Early Career Member of the Biochemical Society
01/04/2020– PRESENT – Biochemical Society, United Kingdom
- Early Career Panel Member
12/02/2020– PRESENT – Future Medicinal Chemistry Journal, United Kingdom