I am a lecturer in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London. I am also serving as the deputy director of Imperial - Tsinghua Joint Research Centre for Intelligent Power and Energy Systems and holding a visiting position at MINES ParisTech, France.
I graduated with a BEng from Beihang University, China in 2009 and obtained my PhD from Imperial College London in 2015. I worked as a Research Associate at Imperial from 2015 to 2017 and as an Assistant Professor in Smart Grids at MINES ParisTech, France in 2017.
My present research mainly focuses on the cyber-physical-social system modelling, convex optimization and data analytics for the future low carbon energy systems. I have authored more than 40 scientific publications in leading power system journals and conferences. My research has been funded by EPSRC, ESRC, Innovate UK, EDF Energy and National Grid ESO.
Current PhD Students:
Mr Luis Badesa, 4th year, MSc from University of Maine, USA
Mr Martin Higgins, 2nd year, MSc from Imperial, UK
Mr Zhongda Chu, 2nd year, MSc from ETH, Switzerland
Mr Saurab Chhachhi, 1st year, MEng from Imperial, UK
Mr Cormac O'Malley, 1st year, MEng from Oxford, UK
Mr Pudong Ge, 1st year, MEng from Southeast University, China
Miss Yingqi Liang, 1st year, BEng from South China University of Technology, China
Current Research Staff:
Dr Evelyn Heylen, PhD from KU Leuven
Prospective PhD Students:
Application for PhD position in 2019 has been closed!!
PhD positions will be available from Sep 2020 in the areas of Power System Optimisation under Uncertainty, Privacy-perserving Data Analytics and Cyber-physical Modelling of Future Power Systems. To apply for the PhD position, applicants should have a Distinction/First class grade Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field, and good communication and technical writing skills. Strong knowledge in optimization, programming and mathematics are desired.
Informal enquiries and requests for additional information can be made to Dr Fei Teng by email at email@example.com.
Applications will be assessed as received and all applicants should follow the standard College application procedure (indicating Dr Fei Teng as supervisor) (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/pgprospectus/howtoapply).
- "Consumer-centric privacy protection scheme for energy consumption data", EPSRC (through Supergen Energy Networks), 2019-2020, PI
- "False Data Injection Attack against Machine-learning Based Energy Forecasting Algorithms", European Partners Fund, 2019-2021, PI (Collaborating with Prof George Kariniotakis MINES ParisTech, France)
- “Short-term System Inertia Forecast - A Data-driven Approach”, National Grid ESO (through Network Innovation Allowance), 2019-2020, PI
- "Optimisation of integrated highly-electric urban energy systems", EDF Energy Studentships, 2019-2024, Co-I
- “Socio-Techno-Economic Pathways for sustainable Urban energy DeveloPment (STEP-UP)”, ESRC-NWO-NSFC, 2019-2022, Co-I (Collaborating with TU Delft, Tsinghua U and Zhejiang U)
- “Holistic Cyber-physical System Modelling for Cyber-security Analysis in Electricity Systems”, EPSRC CDT Studentship, 2018-2021, PI
- “Agent-based simulation approach to the provision of ancillary service by demand response and distributed storage and generation assets in the future low carbon system”, ESRC DTP Studentship, 2018-2021, PI
- “V2Street”, Innovate UK, 2018-2019, Co-I
- IEEE/PES Member
- Member of EERA JP ESI.
- Committee member of CES and CSEE UK Branch.
- Associate Editor for Control Engineering Practice
- Guest Editors for 1) "Challenges in Future Grid-Interactive Power Converters: Control Strategies, Optimal Operation, and Corrective Actions" in IET Renewable Power Generation; 2) "Reducing Energy Demand in the Industrial and Manufacturing Sectors" in Energies; 3)“Advanced Approaches and Applications for Electric Vehicle Charging Demand Management” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications; 4) “Privacy and Security in Smart Grids” in IET Smart Grids
- Reviewer for IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, IEEE Trans. Power Syst., IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, IEEE Trans. Autom. Sci. Eng., Applied Energy, Energy, ICE–Energy, J MOD POWER SYST CLE, Energy Policy and Renewable & Sustainable Energy Review.
et al., 2019, Electric vehicle charging in smart grid: A spatial-temporal simulation method, Energy, Vol:189, ISSN:0360-5442, Pages:1-12
et al., 2019, Scenario generation of aggregated wind, photovoltaics and small hydro production for power systems applications, Applied Energy, Vol:242, ISSN:0306-2619, Pages:1396-1406
et al., 2019, Fusion of the 5G Communication and the Ubiquitous Electric Internet of Things: Application Analysis and Research Prospects, Dianwang Jishu/power System Technology, Vol:43, ISSN:1000-3673, Pages:1575-1585
Badesa L, Teng F, Strbac G, Simultaneous scheduling of multiple frequency services in stochastic unit commitment, Ieee Transactions on Power Systems, ISSN:0885-8950
et al., 2019, Clustering-based residential baseline estimation: a probabilistic perspective, Ieee Transactions on Smart Grid, ISSN:1949-3061