Gilles Chemla has worked mostly on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financial regulation, private equity and venture capital, corporate strategy, industrial organization, financial institutions, asset management, risk management, energy markets, and fintech.
Specifically, his recently published papers, cited by a number of prominent scholars, and written recent papers on:
- The real effects of takeover activity,
- The interactions between corporate investment or product pricing and financing decisions,
- An analysis of corporate venturing activity,
- An analysis of the most common financial clauses in standard shareholder agreements.
- Corporate partnerships
- The impact of financial legislation on the sustainability of the privatization programme in Romania
- Corporate risk management financial hedging and vertical mergers
- Business alliances and risk management in energy markets
- Securitization and its regulation
- Debt markets and the role of the government as a borrower of first resort
- Asset allocation decision in defined-benefit pension plans, with a special focus on alternative assets
- Portfolio choice with externalities
- The use of natural experiments in policymaking
Working papers can be accessed by clicking: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=22734 .