- Chief Investigator for MRC/WT funded SEARCH consortium (with OUCRU/HTD in Vietnam and MRC CTU)
- STOP-HCV consortium (steering group member) and Chief Investigator for UK STOP-HCV 1 trial (NIHR, with MRC CTU)
- Scale up of treatment for viral hepatitis (PROLIFICA, collaborations with MSF and IHME)
- NIHR Health Informatics Collaborative (HIC) for infection (viral hepatitis and sepsis/antimicrobial resistance)
- Leads the Lancet Gastro Hep Commission on viral hepatitis elimination
- Development and evaluation of point-of-care and near patient diagnostics for HIV, HCV and sepsis (collaboration with DNA Electronics Ltd)
- Infection theme lead within London In-vitro diagnostic Co-operative
- NIHR Health Informatics Collaborative (HIC) for infection (viral hepatitis and sepsis antimicrobial resistance)
- Working within the Molecular Diagnostics Unit on Hepatitis C resistance testing
- BIOAID consortium for diagnosis of acute sepsis
For enquiries regarding the Communicable Disease Group Biobank please contact 0207 594 3903
Based at the St Mary's Campus of Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust covering co-infection. Infectious disease consultations at St Mary's and Hammersmith Hospitals, HIV at Chelsea and Westminster. Clinical enquiries should be made to 0203 312 7719.
Co-founded the BSc in Global Health at Imperial in 2010 which now has over 35 students a year.