- Reader, Imperial College London, 2016-present.
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London, 2013-2016.
- Associate Director of the Centre for Computational Methods in Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, 2013-present.
- Lecturer, Imperial College London, 2010-2012.
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship, Imperial College London, 2008-2010.
- Research Fellow, Imperial College London, 2007-2010.
- Research Associate, Imperial College London, 2006-2007.
- HPC consultant, Irish Centre for High End Computing, 2005-2006.
- PhD, Imperial College London, 2000-2005.
- MSc, National University of Ireland Galway, 1997-2000.
- BSc, National University of Ireland Galway, 1993-1997.
- 2014 - Intel Parallel Computing Centre for seismic imaging and code generation www.opesci.org.
- 2015 - STFC SESC Advisory Board.
- 2013 - EPSRC HPC Scientific Advisory Board
- 2013 - ARCHER eCSE selection panel
- PI of EPSRC network for Driving UK HPC enabled science and innovation through US collaborations.
- 2013 - Invited speaker at Tetrahedron IV
- 2012 - Invited speaker at State Key Lab of Scientific and Engineering Computing, Institute of Computational Mathematics Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 2012 - Invited speaker, IDC HPC User Forum.
- 2012 - Invited speaker at Workshop on Adaptive Methods with Applications in Fluid Dynamics, Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics.
- 2011 - Guest speaker at Fujitsu International Supercomputer Users Meeting, Supercomputing 2011.
- 2010 - Member of Open Petascale Libraries and project leader on work package "Enabling Technologies for Large Scale PDE Based Simulations".
- 2008 - Invited Speaker, IDC HPC User Forum.
- 2008: Invited speaker at the GSSC Workshop on collaboration between European and US initiatives in global operational oceanography, Paris.
- 2007 - Invited Speaker, mini-symposium on Environmental Fluid Mechanics at USNCCM.
- Inversion and optimisation, seismic imaging.
- Geophysical fluid dynamics.
- Multi-scale, multi-physics modelling.
- Adaptive computational algorithms; mesh generation.
- Data intensive computation and high performance computing.
- Code generation.
College Management and Administration
- High Performance Computing Committee
- Chair of High Performance Computing Technical Committee
- Department Webmaster
et al., 2018, Full-waveform inversion, Part 3: Optimization, Leading Edge, Vol:37, ISSN:1070-485X, Pages:142-145
et al., 2018, Full-waveform inversion, Part 2: Adjoint modeling, Leading Edge, Vol:37, ISSN:1070-485X, Pages:69-72
et al., 2017, Full-waveform inversion, Part 1: Forward modeling, Leading Edge, Vol:36, ISSN:1070-485X, Pages:1033-1036
et al., 2016, Efficient Mesh Management in Firedrake Using PETSc DMPlex, Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, Vol:38, ISSN:1095-7197, Pages:S143-S155
et al., 2016, Experiences with efficient methodologies for teaching computer programming to geoscientists, Journal of Geoscience Education, Vol:64, ISSN:1089-9995, Pages:183-198
et al., 2012, Mixed-mode implementation of PETSc for scalable linear algebra on multi-core processors
et al., 2011, Parallel anisotropic mesh adaptivity with dynamic load balancing for cardiac electrophysiology, Journal of Computational Science, Vol:3, Pages:8-16
et al., 2012, Hybrid OpenMP/MPI anisotropic mesh smoothing, International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS), ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV, Pages:1513-1522, ISSN:1877-0509