Dr Gabriel D Oreggioni is a multidisciplinary researcher in the field of energy systems. Gabriel holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Buenos Aires and a PhD in absorption-based carbon capture processes from the University of Edinburgh. He has worked in different academic institutions across Europe, in consultancy firms and international organisations. His domains of expertise and research interests include:
- Energy demand and supply modelling,
- Analysis of energy consumption trends and technology incorporation in different world regions,
- Biomass energy conversion processes; including gasification and anaerobic digestion,
- Carbon capture technologies,
- Life cycle assessment methodology,
- A wide knowledge and practical experience in greenhouse gas and air pollutant emission inventories.
At Imperial, Gabriel is part of a H2020 funded project (SENTINEL) aimed at comparing and systemising models for the future energy market. His work focusses on the development of hourly energy demand and supply profiles for the EU27, the UK and other developed and developing economies.