- Integrated energy system modelling (mainly gas/hydrogen and electricity).
- Building cost-optimisation models for operation of multi-vector energy systems.
- Least-cost planning pathways for cost-effective transition to lower carbon energy system.
- Whole-system assessment of energy systems with high spatial and temporal granularity.
- System integration of renewables and low-carbon technologies in future energy systems, including the quantification of system integration cost.
- Modelling the role of hydrogen in the future of energy systems.
- Role and value of electricity flexible technologies in low-carbon energy systems, including demand-side response, energy storage, flexible CCGTs, and multi-directional compressors.
- Supergen: Whole system analysis of advanced thermal energy storage technologies in future UK energy networks (Co-Investigator)
- BEIS: Whole Systems Energy Modelling for Heat Transformation
- NERC: Sustainable gas pathways for Brazil: from microcosm to macrocosm
- Climate Change Committee (CCC): Analysis of alternative UK heat decarbonisation pathways
- Western Power Distribution (NIA): FREEDOM – first hybrid heat pump trial in the UK.
- Centrica: Cornwall Local Energy Market (CLEM)