- 2013: Childhood Life-threatening Infectious Disease Study, European Commission FP7
- 2011: Visiting Fellowship, University of California San Diego
- 2011: Cover Article, Human Molecular Genetics Journal
- 2010: Training Fellowship, European Society of Human Genetics
- 2009: 'Best Scientific Contribution' Award, European Paediatric Infectious Diseases Society
- 2008: 3-year PhD Scholarship, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London
- 2008: 3-year PhD Studentship, European Commission FP6
- 2007: Distinction, MSc in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Imperial College London
- 2005: Distinction, MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
2013-2014 - CHARIOT-PRO: A study is to investigate the natural history of cognitive and functional changes in participants at risk for developing mild cognitive impairment, dementia or alzheimer's disease.
2012-2014 - EUCLIDS: The genetic basis of meningococcal and other life threatening bacterial infections of childhood
2011-2012 - Nothern Finland Birth Cohort: Longitudinal analysis for the devlopment of complex metabolic diseases, such as diabetes type 2, obesity and metabolic syndrome
2009-2010 - MUltiMod-The genetics of allergy: A Collaborative project that focuses on the genetics of allergy as a model for complex diseases.
2009-2010 - Meningitis UK: Identification of the genetic basis of susceptibility and severity of meningococcal septicemia and meningitis
2008-2012 - Aid for poverty-related diseases (HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria) in developing countries: A study to identify a quick, affordable test for TB diagnosis to be used at the point of care in the Sub-Saharan Africa.
2008-2009 - International Kawasaki Disease Genetics Consortium: Genome wide association study
2005-2006 - BOEMIE: Design of a novel system that automatically classifies audiovisual content by integrating image segmentation and image annotation techniques, with ontologies, semantic inferecing and natural language processing.
2005-2006 - PATExpert: Advanced Patent Document Processing Techniques, Realizing the Semantic Web: Design of a novel system that automatically classifies patent documents by using semantics and natural language processing.