My research interest are in User-Centered Systems, IoT, Applied Machine Learning, Privacy, and Human-Data Interaction.
- EPSRC Databox: Privacy-Aware Infrastructure for Managing Personal Data (EP/N028260/1 £1,537,810.44 starting October 2016)
- Human-Data Interaction
Current Research Staff
- Panagiotis Papadopoulos (Visiting PhD student, ICS-FORTH)
Current Research Students
- Ali Shahin Shamsabadi, (Privacy-preserving Deep Learning, funded by QMUL CISScholarship).
- Mohammad Malekzadeh (Privacy-preserving personal data analytics on the Databoxproject, funded by QMUL Life Science Institute).
- Yousef Amar (Personal Data Analytics on the Databox, funded by QMUL CISScholarship).
- Katrin Hänsel (Wearable devices and mHealth, co-advised with Akram Alomainy, funded by QMUL CIS Scholarship).
- Kleomenis Katevas (Analysing and influencing crowd behaviors using mobile sensing, co-advised with Laurissa Tokarchuk, funded by DSTL).
I am interested in hearing from potential PhD students in my areas of research interests. If you have interesting ideas and wish to discuss funding opportunities for next year, please send me an email (no attachments please!)
- EPSRC IoT research-in-the-wild: Connected Seeds and Sensors (EP/L023504/1 £ 321,053 October 2015- March 2017)
- Microsoft Azure for Research Award CRM:0518581 (co-PI, $20k)
- EPSRC IT as a Utility Network+ industrial secondment at AT&T Research (PI, £6k)
- Research into value of privacy and monetization of information (co-PI, EPSRC Pump-Priming £50k) Media coverage: ZDNet , StudentTIMES , AndroidLife , Mashable
- Privacy in Mobile Advertising
- UK-US Collaboration Grant (PI, Foreign Office, £2k)
- RVC Public Engagement Grant (co-PI, RVC, £2k)
- CHDI Huntington Disease (postdoc)
- The Twitter Project at MPI-SWS (postdoc)
- Research on Privacy in Internet Advertising (postdoc)
- Measurement at All Scales in Time and Space (PhD student, EPSRC MASTS)
- Self-Organising Collegiate Sensor Networks (MSc student, DTI SECOAS Project)
Dr Sandra Servia (Postdoctoral Research Associate on the Databox project)
Marjan Falahrastegar (2012, RA on Privacy Value, then PhD student at QMUL)
Dr Claudiu Perta (March-June 2014, visiting student from Sapienza Università di Roma, now at Google London)