- 23 Feb 2017, Best PhD Graduate Award, Head of Sungkyunkwan University Advanced Institute of Nano Technology (SAINT)
- 9 Jul 2015, Best Paper Presentation Award, Korean Association for Particle and Aerosol Research (KAPAR), “Development of high sensitive/miniature contact force sensor by using optical elastomer”.
- 11 Dec 2013, Best Essay Award, the Centre for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology (WISET), “Characterizations on the various size-distributed TiO2 sunblock by using centrifuging and sol-gel synthesis”
- 22 Aug 2013, Best Poster Presentation Award, Korean Vacuum Society (KVS), “Graphene surface treatment by cluster impaction using CO2 cluster cleaning process”.
- 5 Jul 2013, Best Paper Presentation Award, Korean Association for Particle and Aerosol Research (KAPAR), “Graphene surface treatment by using CO2 cluster jet”.
- 6 Feb 2013, Bronze prize in Bio Engineering & Life Science division, The 19th Human Tech Paper Award, Samsung Electronics, “Graphene based Fiber Optic Surface Plasmon Resonance for Bio-chemical Sensor Applications”. *Worth £5k, the award rate = 119/1977
- 1 Jul 2011, Best Paper Presentation Award, Korean Association for Particle and Aerosol Research (KAPAR), “Evaluation of Multi-layered Graphene Surface Plasmon Resonance-based Fiber Optic Sensor”.
Sponsorships & Bursaries
- Selected to participate in the 9th edition of the Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS), 12-15 January 2021, Singapore (taking place virtually due to COVID-19 pandemic).
- Cancer Research UK (CRUK) postdoc bursary for attending Early Detection of Cancer Conference, 24-26 September 2019, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA.
- Student travel grant for attending ESOF2014 – Euroscience Open Forum 2014 (organised by the Euroscience, Ministry of Higher Education and Science): SCIENCE BUILDING/BRIDGES, 21-26 June 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Selected trainee of 2012 KORANET Summer School on European-Korean Cooperation in Environmental and Social Sciences (organised by the Centre for Social Innovation, ZSI): International Project Management – from Theory to Practice, 2-6 July 2012, Vienna, Austria.