- Turbulent, chaotic and vortical flows including shear layers and wakes and effects of/on stratification, rotation, boundaries, bluff bodies, poluting contaminants, multiple phases and combustion. Theory, simulations and laboratory experiments
- Environmental and geophysical fluid dynamics
- The physics and mechanics of fractals and spirals and wavelet analysis
- Turbulent-like flows, electromagnetically forced and controlled flows,
Kinematic Simulations for turbulence analysis and modelling. Laboratory
experiments, simulations and theory.
- Eulerian-Lagrangian approaches to turbulent diffusion, dispersion and
clustering of contaminants and droplets/particles based on concepts of
multiscale persistent flow structure themselves based on
the spatio-temporal structure of the acceleration field. Simulations and
- Critical/stagnation point approaches to velocity and
acceleration turbulence dymamics and kinematics.
Simulations and theory.
- Multiscale flow control and fractal-generated turbulence with
applications to airbrakes, flaps, static and dynamics mixers,
combustors and ventilation. Laboratory and proof of concept experimetns,
simulations and theory