- Reader in Remote Sensing, Imperial College
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College 2002 - 2008
- Research Lecturer (Research Fellow), Imperial College 1996-2002
- Research Associate in Remote Sensing, Imperial College 1991-1996
- PhD Remote Sensing and Image Processing, Imperial College 1988-1991
- Lecturer. Remote Sensing Lab, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, China. 1982-1988
- MSc Remote Sensing in Geology, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, P. R. China. 1979-1982
Recent Measures of Esteem
- Scientific Committee member for IGARSS (International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium) since 2008.
- The first author of a popular textbook: Essential Image Processing and GIS for Remote Sensing published by Wiley and Blackwell, 2009.
- Reviewer for more than 20 internationally recognised journals.
et al., 2019, Angular Superresol for Signal Model in Coherent Scanning Radars, Ieee Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol:55, ISSN:0018-9251, Pages:3103-3116
et al., 2019, Automatically Locate Tropical Cyclone Centers Using Top Cloud Motion Data Derived From Geostationary Satellite Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:10175-10190
et al., 2019, Phase Correlation Decomposition: The Impact of Illumination Variation for Robust Subpixel Remotely Sensed Image Matching, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:6710-6725
et al., 2019, Top Cloud Motion Field of Typhoon Megi-2016 Revealed by GF-4 Images, Ieee Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol:57, ISSN:0196-2892, Pages:4427-4444
et al., 2019, Avian surface reconstruction in free flight with application to flight stability analysis of a barn owl and peregrine falcon, Journal of Experimental Biology, Vol:222, ISSN:0022-0949