Jane is responsible for managing the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering’s website and co-ordinating and implementing communications activities including:
- Managing content on social media platforms. Creating and launching engaging visual and written content for website and digital channels including social media and digital screens.
- Managing the Department’s website content, ensuring it is well structured, dynamic, up-to-date and accurately reflects the Department’s mission and strategy.
- Managing and ensuring compliance with College branding and style guidelines for digital and print output, and acting as the key point of advice and guidance for all department communications activity.
- Providing editorial support to the Department by drafting/editing key messages, briefings and informational material.
- Creating and curating content for the Alumni and internal staff newsletters with the goal of building and maintaining engagement and a sense of community.
- Marketing of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Liaising with the Education Team on content for student recruitment material, including brochures and prospectuses online and in print, ensuring that content corresponds to that on the relevant College websites.
- Producing and facilitating brochures, leaflets, banners and other promotional material, and ensuring the Department maintains a consistent visual identity and brand voice across its digital platforms.
- Liaising with the Press Office with regard to press releases and raising awareness of the department’s activities.
- Encouraging, training and assisting staff to use new platforms for communication, and using the website CMS.
- Ensuring our digital content meets accessibility standards.
- Producing, maintaining and implementing a department communications strategy which supports the Department’s mission and strategy across research, teaching, and internal and external activities such as department culture, industrial partnerships, alumni and outreach.