Current projects include work on..............
1. Genetic dissection of basal resistance in Arabidopsis.
2. Metabolomics of plant defence in Arabidopsis and in particular the role of plant cell wall alterations in the restriction of bacterial colonisation.
3. Mode of action of the bacterial effector protein AvrPtoB.
4. Evolution of virulence in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola.
5. Plant responses to aphid feeding.
Please click on the Research link above for more details about these topics.
et al., 2020, An improved conjugation method for Pseudomonas syringae., J Microbiol Methods, Vol:177
et al., 2020, Cherry picking by pseudomonads: After a century of research on canker, genomics provides insights into the evolution of pathogenicity towards stone fruits, Plant Pathology, Vol:69, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:962-978
et al., 2019, Aphid-induction of defence-related metabolites in Arabidopsis thaliana is dependent upon density, aphid species and duration of infestation (vol 13, pg 387, 2019), Arthropod-plant Interactions, Vol:13, ISSN:1872-8855, Pages:805-806
et al., 2019, Aphid-induction of defence-related metabolites in Arabidopsis thaliana is dependent upon density, aphid species and duration of infestation, Arthropod-plant Interactions, Vol:13, ISSN:1872-8855, Pages:387-399
et al., 2019, Dissecting the key effectors involved in Pseudomonas cherry canker, 18th Congress of International-Society-for-Molecular-Plant-Microbe-Interactions (IS-MPMI), AMER PHYTOPATHOLOGICAL SOC, Pages:183-183, ISSN:0894-0282