Current projects include work on..............
1. Genetic dissection of basal resistance in Arabidopsis.
2. Metabolomics of plant defence in Arabidopsis and in particular the role of plant cell wall alterations in the restriction of bacterial colonisation.
3. Mode of action of the bacterial effector protein AvrPtoB.
4. Evolution of virulence in Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola.
5. Plant responses to aphid feeding.
Please click on the Research link above for more details about these topics.
et al., 2022, Genomic and functional analysis of phage-mediated horizontal gene transfer in Pseudomonas syringae on the plant surface, New Phytologist, Vol:237, ISSN:0028-646X, Pages:959-973
et al., 2021, Identifying resistance in wild and ornamental cherry towards bacterial canker caused by Pseudomonas syringae, Plant Pathology, Vol:71, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:949-965
et al., 2021, Defence against Bremia lactucae conferred by the resistance gene Dm7 in lettuce is broken by treatment with dichloroisonicotinic acid, Plant Pathology, Vol:71, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:611-620
et al., 2020, An improved conjugation method for Pseudomonas syringae, Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol:177, ISSN:0167-7012
et al., 2020, Cherry picking by pseudomonads: After a century of research on canker, genomics provides insights into the evolution of pathogenicity towards stone fruits, Plant Pathology, Vol:69, ISSN:0032-0862, Pages:962-978