- Development and application of systems engineering, economics, systems analysis, optimization, risk analysis, simulation and modeling methods to hydro-environmental and energy resource problems at different scales
- Coupled nature-human systems
- Climate change impacts, mitigation, and adaptation
- System of systems, system dynamics, and causal thinking
- Water, environmental, and energy policy and governance
- Socio-economic and political aspects of hydro-environmental and energy resource systems
- Sustainable development and system's sustainability/resiliency evaluation
- Integrated hydro-environmental and energy resource planning and management
- Dynamic interactions of coupled human-natural systems
- Footprints of energy resources and water-energy-land-food nexus
- Human behavior, negotiations, conflict resolution, game theory, decision-making, and bargaining
- Adaptive management and social learning
- Cyberinfrastructure, social media, and online community development
PI (single), Developing Plans for the Interim and Long Term Optimal Operation of the Fellsmere Water Management Area, St. Johns River Water Management District, US$67,397.
PI, Optimal Response Strategies to Sedimentation Problems of Canal Calore in New Smyrna Beach, Florida: Preliminary Assessment, Canal Calore, LLC, US$9,450.
PI, Systems Evaluation of the Cost and Effectiveness of Different Treatment Techniques for Removal of Total Phosphorus from Surface Waters in the Middle St. Johns River Basin, Florida, St. Johns River Water Management District, US$241,197.
UCF-PI (single, subcontract from the University of Alaska Fairbanks), Multi-Objective Multi-Stakeholder Decision Making under Uncertainty: Application of Game Theory, Voting, and Multi-Criteria Decision Making Methods to the Interior Alaska Energy Problem, United States Air Force, US$125,538.
Co-PI, An Integrated Climate Change Impact Assessment Tool for Flooding of the Lower St. Johns River, Florida Sea Grant â National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (PI: Dingbao Wang), $299,653 including $99,882 match.
PI (single), Low Impact Marking Paint Study, Sunshine State One-Call of Florida (SSOCOF) Inc., US$15,000.
PI (single), Holistic Evaluation of St. Johns River Basin's Surface Water Restoration Projects, St. Johns River Water Management District, US$100,000.
Co-PI, Investigation of the Effects of Sea Level Rise on Sea Turtle, Shorebird, Seabird, and Beach Mouse Nesting Distributions within the South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative Region, US Fish and Wildlife Service (PI: Mary VonHolle), US $161,845.
Co-PI, Early Investigation: Bridging the Gap between Climate Change, Extreme Events, and Electricity Infrastructure Design, In-House Seed Grants for New Interdisciplinary Collaborations, College of Engineering and Computer Sciences (CECS), University of Central Florida (PI: Petros Xanthopoulos), US$15,000.
PI, Initiating the International Food-Water-Energy-Land (FWEL) Research Coordination Network (RCN), In-House Seed Grants for New Interdisciplinary Collaborations, College of Engineering and Computer Sciences (CECS), University of Central Florida, US$10,000.
Co-PI, Integrating Sustainability into the Industrial Engineering Curriculum, National Science Foundation (NSF) (PI: Dima Nazzal), US$149,824.
PI (single), Studying the Climate Change Effects on the High-Elevation Hydropower System in California with Consideration of Warming Impacts on Electricity Demand and Pricing, Climate Adaptability and Adaptation Study for California, Vulnerability Study, PIER program, California Energy Commission, US$29,999.
PI (single), U.S. Hydropower Fact Sheet for the Pew Center's Online Climate TechBook, Pew Center on Global Change, Arlington, Virginia, US$2,500.
Co-PI, Flood Management and Control in California, Environmental Infrastructure Policy Papers Grant Program, John Muir Institute of the Environment, University of California, Davis (PI: Jay Lund), US$13,300.
PI (single), Sustainable Water Resources Management in Iran's Zayandeh-Rud River Basin, LandshÃ¶vdling Per Westlings Minnesfond Grant, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, US$4,200.