Louise Mittal is a member of the Air Quality Measurement team which runs the London Air Quality Network (www.londonair.org.uk) and is part of the Environmental Research Group (ERG). Her role includes the following:
- Air quality analysis and reporting for local, regional and national government and commercial clients. Recent examples include investigation of high particulate pollution in Vauxhall for Lambeth Council, evaluation of emissions savings from a waste micro-consolidation scheme for Better Bankside BID, review of air quality network design for the Environment Agency, review of air quality site locations for Leicester City Council, regional concentrations update for the London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory for the Greater London Authority (GLA).
- Meeting clients to discuss projects and contracts, presenting analysis and results to clients. Presented at the annual London Air Quality Network seminar to an audience of approximately 200 people.
- Air quality contract management: quotations, proposals, tendering, invoicing and record keeping of air quality contracts for the Air Quality Measurement Team. Clients include the Environment Agency, the GLA, TfL, local authorities and private companies. Improving systems and efficiency for this process.
- Procurement and purchasing for subcontracts.
- Generating annual statistics and reporting the measurements of the London Air Quality Network. Updating long term pollutant trend graphs.
- Design, updates, maintenance and improving functionality of air quality and contracts databases in SQL.
- Data validation, site and data management and ratification of measurements from the LAQN and other local authorities, including for sites affiliated to the UK Automatic Urban and Rural Network.
- Air quality forecasting.
- Advising local authorities on potential locations for new air quality sites.
- Operation of a range of air quality monitoring equipment including TEOM, FDMS, Partisol and BAM analysers for particulate matter, Environnement, API, Monitorlabs analysers for gaseous pollutants. Calibration of gaseous analysers, changing filters on particulate instruments.
- Site operation training as required by Local Authorities.