I am a researcher in fluid mechanics, currently working at Imperial College London, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Novel Reservoir and Simulation group (NORMS).
My current research in the NORMS group focuses on the development of unstructured adaptive mesh modelling techniques for density dependent flow and solute transport in complex porous media. Applications include saline intrusion in coastal aquifers and large scale copper transport in sedimentary basins.
Over the past few years, I have worked on theoretical and numerical issues in fluid mechanics, with applications to different physical problems.
My research interests include:
- stochastic models in fluid mechanics, turbulent particle dispersion dynamics; applications to atmospheric flows
- unstructured adaptive mesh modelling for density-dependent flow and scalar transport in complex porous media; applications to saline intrusion into coastal aquifers and large scale copper transport in sedimentary basins
- lattice Boltzmann methods for the moving boundary problem; applications to aerodynamics and aeroacoustics
- Postdoctoral Researcher at Aix-Marseille Université, M2P2 lab (2020)
- Research Associate at Imperial College London (2019)
- PhD at CEREA, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech/EDF R&D (2015-2018)
et al., 2021, A lattice Boltzmann direct coupling overset approach for the moving boundary problem, Physics of Fluids, Vol:33, ISSN:1070-6631, Pages:1-20
et al., 2021, A hybrid recursive regularized lattice Boltzmann model with overset grids for rotating geometries, Physics of Fluids, Vol:33, ISSN:1070-6631, Pages:1-19
Bahlali ML, Henry C, Carissimo B, 2020, On the Well-Mixed Condition and Consistency Issues in Hybrid Eulerian/Lagrangian Stochastic Models of Dispersion, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, Vol:174, ISSN:0006-8314, Pages:275-296
Lett C, Barrier N, Bahlali M, 2020, Converging approaches for modeling the dispersal of propagules in air and sea, Ecological Modelling, Vol:415, ISSN:0304-3800, Pages:108858-108858
Bahlali ML, Dupont E, Carissimo B, 2019, Atmospheric dispersion using a Lagrangian stochastic approach: Application to an idealized urban area under neutral and stable meteorological conditions, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol:193, ISSN:0167-6105
Bahlali ML, Dupont E, Carissimo B, 2019, A hybrid CFD RANS/Lagrangian approach to model atmospheric dispersion of pollutants in complex urban geometries, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, Vol:64, ISSN:0957-4352, Pages:74-89