Grants and awards
Grants and Scholarships
- 2022 Health Innovation Next Generation Payment & Pricing Models (HI-PRIX). Balancing Sustainability of Innovation with Sustainability of Health Care. Funder: European Commission, Horizon 2022 Amount: €5.2M. Role: Co-Investigator (Co-I).
- 2021 NIHR Global Health Research Unit for Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease in South Asia. Funder: NIHR. Amount: £7M. Role: Co-I.
- 2021 Deadly Leadership. Funder: Imperial College Business School Seed funding. Amount: 12K. Role: Co-I.
- 2021 HEartS Professional: The Health, Economic and Social impact of COVID-19 on professionals in the ARTs. Funder: UKRI. Amount: £391K. Role: Co-I.
- 2021 The determinants of children nutritional choices & behavioural interventions for food behaviour change. Funder: LISS DTP CASE PhD studentship. Role: Co-Applicant.
- 2020 -Development of methodology to develop pathways to improve nutritional health in low income communities. Funder: Imperial College London - Strategic Priorities Fund Evidence- based policy making Seed Funding. Amount – £46K. Role: Co-Investigator (Co-I)
- 2019 – 2020 RARE2030 — a participatory foresight study for policy- making rare diseases. Funder: European Commission – Amount to the BS £130 000. Role: Co-I
- 2017 – 2020 NIHR Global Health Research Unit in Cardiovascular disease and Diabetes –Amount: £6,997,610. Role: Co-Investigator
- 2015- 2018- Network and competition effects in the diffusion of innovation in the NHS. Funder: Health Foundation. Amount: £500 000. Role: Principal Investigator (PI)
- 2016-201- Development and launching of Exec Ed programmes in Health jointly with IESE BS, and Copenhagen BS. Funder: EIT Health. Amount: £20,000. Role: Co-PI
- 2017- 2020 HEARTS. The Health, Economic and Social impact of ARTS engagement. Amount: £1,011,370. Role: Co-I
- Sep 2015-Sep 2017- The determinants of failure in anticancer drug development & the future anticancer pharmaceutical R&D landscape and product market launch. Funder: French Cancer Institute (INCA). Amount: 258 049 €. Role: Co-PI for two working streams
- 2014- WECARE, Towards a Sustainable and Affordable Healthcare. Funder: EC FP7 Amount: 499690€. Role: PI for Imperial College stream
- 2014- Cancer Pathways. Funder: Health Foundation. Role: PI
- 2013- The impact of climate change on health, health care utilization, healthcare costs. Funder: Grantham Institute funding for a studentships.
- 2010- Project: Prescription decisions and the demand for pharmaceuticals. Funder: Academy of Finland. Amount: 468,166 €. Role: Co-PI
- 2009-NHS trusts performance indicators. Funder: Nuffield Trust. Amount: £12,000. Role: Co-PI
- 2005- Royal Economic Society Conference Grant
- 2004 October – April 2005-Scholarshipby the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- 2000-2004-PhD Scholarshipby the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia
- 2019 Julia Higgins Award, Imperial College London
- 2018 - SACA Award for best postgraduate supervision
- 2016 – Awarded the António Arnaut Prize for the best contribution to health systems research.
- 2015 – Prize for the best poster presented at APES
- 2015 – Teaching Excellence Award for Innovation in Teaching
- 2014-2015 –Nominated for the President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2014-2015- Nominated for 3 Student Academic Choice Awards in the Best teaching for taught postgraduates and undergraduate category.
- 2014-2015- Teaching prize at the Imperial College Business School
- 2013-2014- Nominated for the Student Academic Choice Awards in the Best teaching for taught postgraduate category.
- 2012-2013- Teaching award at the Imperial College Business School
- 2012-2013 Teaching Prize at Imperial College Business School
- 2008-2011 Yearly Research Prize at Imperial College Business School
- 2005 9thConference of the Portuguese Association of Health Economics, Lisbon: Awarded the Prize for the best article presentedby a student
- 2004 SIEP (Italian Public Economics Association) Conference, Pavia: Awarded the Prize for the best article presentedby a student in Public Economics
- 2003 OCT 8thConference of the Portuguese Association of Health Economics: Awarded the Prize for the best article presentedby a student
Research Student Supervision
Barrenho,E, Empirical Essays on Global Pharmaceutical Innovation
Hansen,C, The economic impact of HIV and associated interventions
Lau,K, Topics in health economics of vaccination
Longo,R, Yardstick Competition Models in secondary care
Rizmie,D, Climate change and healthcare