- British Modern Art 1860 - 2000
- Mythology in Art
- British Archtectural History
- Member of Imperial College's Expert Network in Heritage Conservation
- Organisation and delivery of lifelong learning and adult education
Born in Leeds in the north of England, Michael Paraskos is a writer, art historian and occasional broadcaster.
At Imperial College he teaches undergraduate and adult education students aspects of architecture, art and design history and is the Programme Manager for Adult Education, overseeing the organisation, scheduling and delivery of Imperial College's extensive adult education programme for the Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication.
He has written for academic journals including The Journal of the History of Education, The Sculpture Journal and The Journal of Women's Studies and for other publications including The Guardian, The Spectator and Art Review.
In broadcasting he has reviewed exhibitions for BBC Radio 4's Front Row and appeared on Channel 4 Television's The Big Breakfast as a competition judge. Internationally he has featured on Tariq Ali's The World Today for TeleSur television, CyBC Radio 4 (Cyprus) and the SVT's arts programme Utblick (Sweden).
Previously Michael taught at major British universities, including the University of Leeds, University of Nottingham and University of Hull, and he was Director of the Cornaro Art Institute in Larnaca, Cyprus from 2007 to 2014.
He is a visiting lecturer at the City and Guilds of London Art School where he delivers courses and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate research into architectural and sculpture history for the Department of Conservation Studies and the Department of Historic Carving.
- BA (Hons) Art History and English Literature, University of Leeds (1992)
- MRes Art History (English Expressionism), University of Leeds (1997)
- PhD, 'The Elephant and the Beetles: The Aesthetic Theory of Herbert Read', University of Nottingham (2005)
- ASET Level 4 Award in Post-16 Teaching (2008)
- OHSC Level 5 Advanced Diploma for Workplace Health and Safety (2020)
Paraskos M, 2020, Review of bauhaus goes west: modern art and design in britain and america, by alan powers, History of Education, Vol:49, ISSN:0046-760X, Pages:425-426
Bohm-Duchen M, 2019, Insiders/Outsiders Refugees from Nazi Europe and Their Contribution to British Visual Culture, ISBN:9781848223462
Paraskos M, 2017, Stass Paraskos A Celebration: at Pafos 2017 European Capital of Culture, ISBN:9780995713017
Paraskos M, 2017, Rabbitman, ISBN:9780995713000