1. Timing of Initiation of Renal-Replacement Therapy in Acute Kidney Injury. STARRT-AKI Investigators; Canadian Critical Care Trials Group, the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group, the United Kingdom Critical Care Research Group, the Canadian Nephrology Trials Network, and the Irish Critical Care Trials Group; Engl J Med. 2020 Jul 16;383(3):240-251. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2000741.
2. The iCareWean protocol on weaning from mechanical ventilation: A Single-blinded multi-centre randomised control trial comparing an open-loop decision support system and routine care, in the general Intensive Care Unit. BMJ Open. Accepted on 8th July 2020. bmjopen-2020-042145.R1
3. Adult Intensive Care Unit (AICU) admissions with severe COVID-19 infection following emergency Caesarean section deliveries: A case series. Journal of Intensive Care Medicine. Accepted on 19th June 2020. INC-20-0103.
4. Implications for COVID-19 triage from the ICNARC report of 2204 COVID-19 cases managed in UK adult intensive care units. Emergency Medicine Journal. 2020-06. DOI: 10.1136/emermed-2020-209791
5. COVID-19 genomic susceptibility: Definition of ACE2 variants relevant to human infection with SARS-CoV-2 in the context of ACMG/AMP Guidance2020-05-18 | other. DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.12.20098160
6. Early detection of severe COVID-19 disease patterns define near real-time personalised care, bioseverity in males, and decelerating mortality rates.2020-05-11 DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.08.2008839
7. Let's not forget our female front line. BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 2020. DOI: 10.1136/bmj.m2167EID: 2-s2.0-85085908757Part of ISBN: 17561833
8. The contribution of frailty, cognition, activity of daily life and comorbidities on outcome in acutely admitted patients over 80 years in European ICUs: the VIP2 study Intensive Care Medicine 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s00134-019-05853-1EID: 2-s2.0
9. Risk factors for clinical progression in patients with COVID-19: a retrospective study of electronic health record data in the United Kingdom. medRxiv 2020.05.11.20093096; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.11.20093096
10. COVID-19 in London, a Case Series Demonstrating Late Improvement in Survivors. medRxiv 2020.05.16.20103853; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.16.20103853
11. Early risk assessment for COVID-19 patients from emergency department data using machine learning. medRxiv 2020.05.19.20086488; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.19.20086488
12. Effect of Intraoperative High Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) with Recruitment Maneuvers vs Low PEEP on Postoperative Pulmonary Complications in Obese Patients: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA - Journal of the American Medical Association 2019. DOI: 10.1001/jama.2019.7505
13. Non-invasive real-time autonomic function characterization during surgery via continuous Poincaré quantification of heart rate variability. J Clin Monit Comput. 2018 Oct 3. doi: 10.1007/s10877-018-0206-4. 2.
14. Attribution bias underlying burns-induced anxiety symptoms. Burns. 2018 Sep;44(6):1502-1508. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2018.05.004. Epub 2018 Jun 7.
15. Perioperative Research into Memory (PRiMe): Cognitive impairment following a severe burn injury and critical care admission, part 1. Burns. 2018 Aug;44(5):1167-1178. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2018.04.011.
16. Scoping review on the use of socially assistive robot technology in elderly care. BMJ Open. 2018 Feb 12;8(2):e018815. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-018815. Review.
Snapshot of MPV's Research Team