- Full-waveform seismic inversion
- Crustal & exploration seismology
- Machine learning
- Medical FWI
Recent Measures of Esteem
- 2015 Guido Bonarelli Award: For the paper "Adaptive waveform inversion – FWI without cycle skipping", presented at the 76th EAGE Conference & Exhibition, Amsterdam, June 2014.
- 2013 Society of Exploration Geophysicists: Best paper in Geophysics for "Anisotropic 3D full-waveform inversion"
- 2009 Guido Bonarelli Award: For the paper "Efficient and Effective 3D Wavefield Tomography", presented at the 70th EAGE Annual Conference, Rome, June 2008.
- 2005 European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers: Best EAGE oral paper “Fully data-driven and robust techniques for seismic multiple attenuation”.
- 2005 - 2020 £8.8 million of awards to support the Fullwave consortium.
- Professor of Geophysics, Imperial College 2000 - date
- Chief Technical Officer, S-Cube 2015 - date
- Director of the Fullwave research consortium 2005 - date
- Head of Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College 2001-2006
- Reader in Geophysics, Imperial College 1995-2000
- BP Lecturer in Geophysics, Imperial College 1989-1994
- BIRPS core group, Bullard Labs, Cambridge 1982-1989
- NERC Fellow, University of Edinburgh 1979-1982
- DPhil Magnetospheric Physics, University of York 1979
- BA Physics & Philosophy, University of York 1974
et al., 2023, Dual-Probe Transcranial Full-Waveform Inversion: A Brain Phantom Feasibility Study., Ultrasound Med Biol, Vol:49, Pages:2302-2315
et al., 2023, Automated salt model building: From compaction trend to final velocity model using waveform inversion, Leading Edge, Vol:42, ISSN:1070-485X, Pages:196-206
Yao J, Warner M, Wang Y, 2023, Regularization of anisotropic full waveform inversion with multiple parameters by adversarial neural networks, Geophysics, Vol:88, ISSN:0016-8033, Pages:R95-R103
et al., 2022, Magma Chamber Detected Beneath an Arc Volcano With Full-Waveform Inversion of Active-Source Seismic Data, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, Vol:23
et al., 2022, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A LOW-FREQUENCY ULTRASOUND ACQUISITION DEVICE FOR 2-D BRAIN IMAGING USING FULL-WAVEFORM INVERSION, Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, Vol:48, ISSN:0301-5629, Pages:1995-2008