I am a PhD student interested in how earth topography is generated, in particular by mantle processes.
Supervised by Dr. Gareth Roberts and Dr. Fred Richards.
Education & Experience
2022 - Present: PhD Candidate, Imperial College London
2019 - 2022: Professional Work, Insurance Industry
2015 - 2019: MSci Geology, Imperial College London
I have been a teaching assistant for the following undergraduate courses:
- ESE 40008: Deforming the Earth
- ESE 40011: Surface Processes
- ESE 50004: Pure Geophysics
- ESE 60002: Continental Tectonics
- ESE 70010: Applied Geomorphology
- ESE 70019: Field Geology of an Active Mountain Belt (Masters Level)
Morris M, Lipp A, Roberts G, 2023, Towards inverse modelling of landscapes using the Wasserstein distance, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol:50, ISSN:0094-8276, Pages:1-8
Morris M, Fernandes VM, Roberts GG, 2020, Extricating dynamic topography from subsidence patterns: Examples from Eastern North America's passive margin, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Vol:530, ISSN:0012-821X, Pages:1-13