- Ibarra, D. E., Oster, J. E., Winnick, M. J., Caves, J. K., Byrne, M. P. and Chamberlain, C. P. (2017). Warm and cold wet-states in western North America during the Plio-Pleistocene, submitted to Geology.
- Byrne, M. P. and Schneider, T. (2017). Atmospheric dynamics feedback: concept, simulations and climate implications, submitted to Journal of Climate.
- Byrne, M. P. and Schneider, T. (2016). Narrowing of the ITCZ in a warming climate: Physical mechanisms, Geophysical Research Letters, 43, 11,350–11,357. Supporting information
- Byrne, M. P. and O'Gorman, P. A. (2016). Understanding decreases in land relative humidity with global warming: conceptual model and GCM simulations, Journal of Climate, 29, 9045-9061.
- Wills, R. C., Byrne, M. P. and Schneider, T. (2016). Thermodynamic and dynamic controls on changes in the zonally anomalous hydrological cycle, Geophysical Research Letters, 43, 4640-4649. EOS Spotlight, Supporting information
- Byrne, M. P. and Schneider, T. (2016). Energetic constraints on the width of the intertropical convergence zone, Journal of Climate, 29, 4709-4721.
- Byrne, M. P. and O'Gorman, P. A. (2015). The response of precipitation minus evapotranspiration to climate warming: Why the "wet-get-wetter, dry-get-drier" scaling does not hold over land, Journal of Climate 28, 8078-8092. Supplemental material
- Byrne, M. P. and O'Gorman, P. A. (2013). Link between land-ocean warming contrast and surface relative humidities in simulations with coupled climate models, Geophysical Research Letters 40, 5223-5227. Blogpost by Isaac Held, Supporting information
- Byrne, M. P. and O'Gorman, P. A. (2013). Land-ocean warming contrast over a wide range of climates: convective quasi-equilibrium theory and idealized simulations, Journal of Climate 26, 4000-4016.
- O'Gorman, P. A., Allan, R. P., Byrne, M. P. and Previdi, M. (2012), Energetic constraints on precipitation under climate change, Surveys in Geophysics 33, 585-608.
- Byrne, M. P. (2015). Land-ocean contrasts under climate change, PhD thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.