I welcome the opportunity to work with designers, constructors and owners of concrete structures and have acted as a consultant on a number of high profile projects and as an expert witness in disputes involving concrete.
- King Salman Park Project, Riyadh. Providing expert opinion regarding the durability of the structural elements of three new tunnels.
- EPR nuclear power stations. Advising AMEC/EDF on concrete specification for the nuclear island. Advising Balfour Beatty on cooling tunnel durability.
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles. Advising Leo A. Daly (Architects) on how to achieve unusually long design life.
- Concrete Canvas. Providing expert opinion relating to the infringement of Concrete Canvas Ltd's intellectual property.
- Riyadh Metro. Working with Bechtel on modelling chloride penetration into underground reinforced concrete.
- Devonport Royal Dockyard. Advising Babcock on the residual service life of a dry dock.
- Southern Expressway Bridges, Sri Lanka. Review of pile cap deterioration and proposed remediation for Roughton International.
- Great Man-Made River Project, Libya. Advising on hot weather concreting and durability.
- Super-container Project, Belgium. Advising Belgian nuclear authority (ONDRAF NIRAS) on concrete containment of high level radioactive waste.
- Tsing Ma Bridge. Expert witness in litigation for the Hong Kong Government.
- Tsing Lung Bridge, Hong Kong. Advising Maunsell Asia on design for durability.
- Jubilee Line Extension, London. Life prediction and remote monitoring guidance for London Underground Ltd/Infraco JNP.
- Bahrain long-term exposure study. Neural network analysis of the results from a major natural exposure trial of reinforced concrete in Bahrain for BRE.
- Beirut Sea Front Project, Lebanon. Advising Bouygues (design and build contractor) on repair of construction defects.
- Victoria Line, London. Assessment of the current condition and remaining life of concrete-lined tunnels.
- Troll Offshore Platform. Theoretical investigation of the flow of sea-water through cracks in the prestressed concrete skirt compartments for Norwegian contractors.
- Dubai Dry Docks. Part of a UK based team, led by William J Marshall & Partners, advising the Ruler of Dubai's Office on causes of deterioration and repair options in contemplation of litigation.
- Channel Tunnel. Member of team advising Mott MacDonald on concrete durability aspects of the design.