Primary research questions include:
- What is the utility, and appropriate use of, reference scenarios in integrated assessment modelling for mitigation analysis?
- What are the different value streams by which a technology can have value to policymakers concerned with cost-effective, equitable and sustainable development-consistent mitigation?
- How do cost reductions in renewables alter the system value of other mitigation options such as CCS?
- How can we conceive of the value of mitigation options such as negative emissions technologies (NETs) in a way that is robust to different perspectives on equity and confronts the potential issue of mitigation deterrence?
- What is the value of hydrogen as an energy carrier for effective decarbonisation of the UK energy system, particularly in the industrial sector?