|2016 -||Head of Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London|
|2009-2016||Director of the Centre for Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College London|
|2003-2007||Director of Undergraduate Studies, Imperial College London|
|2001-||Professor of Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College London|
|1998-2001||Senior Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London.|
|1992-1998||Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London.|
|1997-2002||ICT/Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship|
|1996||Institution of Chemical Engineers Junior Moulton Medal|
|1995||Imperial College London Teaching Excellence Award|
|1992-1996||Shell Lecturer Support Award|
|1988-1992||PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Department, Imperial College London, Thesis Title: “Efficient Scheduling Technologies for Multipurpose Plants|
Design and analysis of energy systems:
- Bioenergy systems and technologies.
- Urban Energy Systems.
- Modelling and optimisation of low carbon technologies and systems (e.g. CCS, hydrogen infrastrucutre etc).
Supply chain design and optimisation:
- Development of new algorithms for large scale supply chain models.
- Application to sector-specific processes (e.g. pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, consumer goods)
Process synthesis and development for fine chemicals, pharmaceutical and biochemical processes:
- Combination of chemistry with modelling and engineering to improve process designs and to speed up process development.
- Performing rapid economic assessments for different manufacturing routes.
- Developing long-term capacity and investment plans.
Safety in design and operation, especially the application of formal mathematical techniques to assess and improve process safety
Weber C, Shah N, 2011, Optimisation based design of a district energy system for an eco-town in the United Kingdom, Energy, Vol:36, ISSN:0360-5442, Pages:1292-1308
Almansoori A, Shah N, 2009, Design and operation of a future hydrogen supply chain: Multi-period model, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol:34, ISSN:0360-3199, Pages:7883-7897
Zamboni A, Shah N, Bezzo F, 2009, Spatially Explicit Static Model for the Strategic Design of Future Bioethanol Production Systems. 1. Cost Minimization, Energy & Fuels, Vol:23, ISSN:0887-0624, Pages:5121-5133
Hosseini SA, Shah N, 2009, Multiscale modelling of hydrothermal biomass pretreatment for chip size optimization, Bioresource Technology, Vol:100, ISSN:0960-8524, Pages:2621-2628