I am a doctoral researcher in the Control and Power Group working on power system planning under uncertainty with the aim to facilitate the shift to a net-zero electricity sector. Specifically, I focus on multi-stage stochastic optimization approaches for decision-making, as well as on modelling and Option Value quantification of smart investment alternatives, such as Energy Storage, EV smart charging, and Vehicle-to-Grid.
Some of my other research interests include system resilience, reliability, TSO-DSO coordination, and electricity markets and policy.
I am currently the Chair of the Imperial Collge IEEE Student Branch, Co-founder and Co-chair of the Imperial College IEEE Power and Energy Society Chapter, and part of the Communications Team at CIGRE UK Next Generation Network.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies - Power Systems track, University Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Skopje, 2017
- MSc in Future Power Networks, Imperial College London, 2018
I joined the research group after working at a Distribution Network Operator (EVN in Skopje, North Macedonia) as a New Connections Project Manager. I also have experience volunteering as a Power Systems Engineer at a Transmission System Operator (MEPSO) in their Operational Planning Department. Parallel to working in industry, over the past few years I have worked on a few national studies and several European (H2020) research projects.
- S. Borozan, S. Giannelos, M. Aunedi and G. Strbac, "Option Value of EV Smart Charging Concepts in Transmission Expansion Planning under Uncertainty," 2022 IEEE 21st Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference (MELECON), 2022, pp. 63-68, doi: 10.1109/MELECON53508.2022.9842982.
- P. Krstevski, A. K. Mateska and S. Borozan, "Models for Integration of Flexibility Sources in Regional Electricity Markets," 2022 57th International Scientific Conference on Information, Communication and Energy Systems and Technologies (ICEST), 2022, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICEST55168.2022.9828756.
- S. Giannelos, S. Borozan, and G. Strbac, “A Backwards Induction Framework for Quantifying the Option Value of Smart Charging of Electric Vehicles and the Risk of Stranded Assets under Uncertainty,” Energies, vol. 15, no. 9, p. 3334, May 2022, doi: 10.3390/en15093334. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/en15093334
- S. Borozan, S. Giannelos, G. Strbac, "Strategic Network Expansion Planning with Electric Vehicle Smart Charging Concepts as Investment Options," Advances in Applied Energy, Vol. 5, February 2022, ISSN 2666-7924, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adapen.2021.100077.
- S. Giannelos, A. Jain, S. Borozan, P. Falugi, A. Moreira, R. Bhakar, J. Mathur, and G. Strbac, “Long-Term Expansion Planning of the Transmission Network in India under Multi-Dimensional Uncertainty,” Energies, vol. 14, no. 22, p. 7813, Nov. 2021, http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/en14227813.
- S. Borozan, A. Krkoleva Mateska, P. Krstevski, "Progress of the electricity sectors in South East Europe: Challenges and opportunities in achieving compliance with EU energy policy," Energy Reports, Vol. 7, 2021, ISSN 2352-4847, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2021.11.203.
- S. Borozan, M. P. Evans, T. Rodrigues, G. Strbac, "Contribution of Energy Storage to System Adequacy and its Value in the Capacity Market," IEEE PES PowerTech, Milano, 2019.
- J. Ponocko, J. V. Milanovic, A. Krkoleva Mateska, P. Krstevski, S. Borozan, “Existing Approaches to Wide-scale DSM Deployment to Facilitate Transmission Network Flexibility - Results of the Survey in South-East Europe”, IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe, Bucharest, 2019.