I lead the Digital Services Team in the Faculty of Natural Sciences, with responsibility for managing the Faculty's use of digital media tools and applications, establishing a robust information governance structure in relation to data protection compliance, and developing and implementing an ambitious digital communications strategy.
My team provides support in the following areas:
- Training and support for the website content management system to manage College websites.
- Creation of new websites within the Faculty (e.g. new research groups, cross-Faculty initiatives), including reviewing site plans, undertaking site development, and working with site owners to create effective and engaging digital content.
- Assistance with the development of new web tools (e.g. embedded video, social media feeds), and advice on the use of existing College content resources (news and events feeds, image library, video archive, audio podcast archive, etc.).
- Creating communications campaigns and creative content for digital channels.
- Advice on using College products and applications (e.g. Professional Web Pages, Symplectic, Spiral).
- Advice to ensure sites are compliant with web site accessibility requirements and optimised for search engines.
- Digital media analytics (including Google Analytics, Data Studio and Power BI).
- Digital strategy and governance.
- Development of collaboration solutions, particularly within the Office 365 environment.
- Development of information governance systems, with particular focus on data protection.
Please get in touch if you want to discuss any of these areas. You can find out more about the team on the Faculty of Natural Sciences website.