- Interdisciplinary Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Mathematical-Theoretical Physics
- Complex Multiscale Systems
- Engineering Science
Statistical mechanics of classical fluids and dynamic density-functional theory
Multiscale fluid mechanics
Data-driven coarse graining and machine learning
Noise-induced phenomena and stochastic modelling
Transport in complex multiphase systems with perforated-strongly heterogeneous domains
Mathematical modelling of epidemics and disease transmission
- "Discrete self-similarity in Interfacial hydrodynamics and the formation of iterated structures," with M.C. Dallaston, M.A. Fontelos and D. Tseluiko, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120 Art. No. 034505, 2018.
- "General framework for fluctuating dynamic density functional theory," with M.A. Duran-Olivencia, P. Yatsyshin and B.D. Goddard, New J. Phys. 19 Art. No. 123022, 2017. Article featured on the Imperial College website and video abstract available from the IOP website.
- "Complete prewetting," with P. Yatsyshin and A.O. Parr, J. Phys. Condens. Matter 28, Art. No. 275001, 2016. Article was highlighted by the reviewers as being particularly significant to the community and featured at JPhys blog.
- "A new mode reduction strategy for the generalized Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equation," with M. Schmuck, M. Pradas and G.A. Pavliotis, IMA J. Appl. Math. 8 273-301, 2015.
- "The asymptotics of the moving contact line: cracking an old nut," with D.N. Sibley and A. Nold, J. Fluid Mech. 764 445-462, 2015.
- Advanced School on "Thin Films of Soft Matter" Udine, Italy, July 18-22, 2005. Co-ordinator with Uwe Thiele. Lecturers: Hsueh-Chia Chang, Jens Eggers, Serafim Kalliadasis, David Quere, Ralf Seeman, Uwe Thiele. My lecture notes: Falling Films Under Complicated Conditions.
- "Dynamics of a Reactive Falling Film" Microgravity Research Center Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, Sep 5-6, 2005
- "Thin Films in the Presence of Chemical Reactions" Applied Mathematics Seminars for Postgraduate Students, School of Mathematics, University of Birmingham UK, Mar 15, 2006. Lectures slides
- "Recent progress on the moving contact line problem" Programme "Mathematical Modelling and Analysis of Complex Fluids and Active Media in Evolving Domains" Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2013.
- "Three-dimensional coherent structures of interfacial turbulence" Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Maths, UK, 2007
- ''Three-dimensional wave dynamics in falling liquid films: formation of lattices of interact ing stationary solitary pulses'' Programme ''Pattern Formation in Large Domains '' Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2005
- ''Self-organization of 3D waves in an active dispersive-dissipative nonlinear medium'' Mechanics Seminar Laboratoire FAST and Laboratoire LIMSI, Universite P. et M. Curie et Paris Sud, France, 2005
Our work is primarily funded by:
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council of the UK (Engineering, Mathematical Sciences and Physics Programmes)
- European Union (FP7-Marie Curie Initial Training Networks and European Research Council)
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE
Prof. Pietro Asinari, Energy Department, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy, Molecular dynamics
Prof. Jose A. Carillo de la Plata, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College, Numerical analysis of conservation law PDEs
Prof. Jay B. Benziger, Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, USA, Complex fluid flows in confinement
Prof. Vasilis Bontozoglou, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Thessaly, Volos, Greece, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Pierre Colinet, Transfers, Interfaces and Processes-Fluid Physics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Wetting
Prof. Benoit Haut, Transfers, Interfaces and Processes-Fluid Physics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Wetting
Dr. Benoit Scheid, Transfers, Interfaces and Processes-Fluid Physics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Eugene Demekhin, Dept of Applied Mathematics, Kuban State Technological University, Krasnodar, Russia, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Anne De Wit, Service de Chimie Physique et Biologie Theorique, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium., Pattern formation driven by coupled hydrodynamic and reaction-diffusion instabilities
Dr. Hiroshi Gotonda, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo, Japan, Nonlinear forecasting of PDEs
Prof. Bud Homsy, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, USA, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Yannis G. Kevrekidis, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics and School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA., Data-driven coarse grainingComplex fluid flows in confinement
Prof. Edgar Knobloch, Department of Physics, University of California at Berkeley, USA., Nonlinear dynamics and statistical mechanics of classical fluids
Prof. Dr. Detlef Lohse, Physics of Fluids Group, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, The Netherlands, Complex fluid systems and density-functional theory
Dr. Jim Lutsko, Center for Nonlinear Phenomena and Complex Systems, Department of Physics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, Statistical mechanics of classical fluids, complex fluid systems and density-functional theory
Dr. Alexandr Malijevsky, E. Hala Laboratory of Thermodynamics, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals of the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic, Complex fluid systems and density-functional theory
Prof. Ignacio Pagonabarraga, Department of Fundamental Physics, University of Barcelona, Spain, Complex fluid flows in confinement
Dr. Celia Reina, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, Non-equilibrium processes, fluctuating hydrodynamics
Prof. Christian Ruyer-Quil, Universit'e de Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambery, France., Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Howard Stone, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, USA, Free-surface thin-film flows, wetting
Prof. Dr. Uwe Thiele, Institut fur Theoretische Physik, Universitat Muenster, Muenster, Germany, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Manuel G. Velarde, Unidad de Fluidos - Instituto Pluridisciplinar, Madrid, Spain, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Johannes Zimmer, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Bath, UK, Non-equilibrium processes, fluctuating hydrodynamics
Dr. Marco Fontelos, Instituto de Ciencias Matematicas, Madrid, Spain, Free-surface thin-film flows, wetting
Dr. Carlos Rascon, Departamento de Matematicas, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain, Density-functional theory and wetting
Prof. Andy Parry, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College, Density functional theory and wetting
Prof. Demetrios Papageorgiou, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London, Free-surface thin-film flows, weakly nonlinear model PDEs
Prof. Grigorios A. Pavliotis, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London, stochastic processes, multiscale analysis for stochastic PDEs, data-driven coarse graining
Prof. Christos Markides, Department of Chemical Engineering, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Dr. Berend van Wachem, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Free-surface thin-film flows
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Fabian Denner, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Free-surface thin-film flows
Prof. Eugene Benilov, Department of Mathematics, University of Limerick, Ireland, Free-surface thin-film flows