Electrocatalytic reduction of CO2
Research projects are mainly focussed on CO and syngas producing catalysts.
Specific research areas include:
- Synthesis of efficient nanostructured catalysts for the conversion of CO2 to CO/H2
- Understanding of degradation phenomena with high surface area and model catalysts
- Development of benchmarking and measuring protocols for high surface area materials
Electrocatalytic conversion of bio-based building blocks
The main goal is to discover and develop efficient catalysts for the electrocatalytic conversion of bio-based building blockSpecific research areas include:
- Discovery of efficient catalysts for the oxidation/reduction of furan-based compounds and simple (di)carboxylic acids.
- Identification of physico-chemical descriptors (at catalyst- and reaction-relate parameters) that favour the synthesis of desired products in the electro-oxidation/-reduction reactions
Development of electrochemical disgnostic tools/methods
Development of analytical and electrochemical diagnostic methods/tools for the characterization of high surface are electrocatalysts.