- Hammersmith Hospital London Research Breakthrough Award, 2006
- Barnett Christie Lectureship, Federation of Infection Societies
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Award (USA), Infectious Diseases Society for America
- PolyTherics Ltd, Co-Founder (2001). The company was renamed Abzena plc for its IPO on the London stock market in July 2014.
- The Williams Trust Fund (Registered Charity), Founder (2001) and Trustee
- PolyTherics Ltd, - Enabling Better Biopharmaceuticals - Co-Founder in 2001. The company was renamed Abzena plc for its IPO on the London stock market in July 2014.
- Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2013
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Fellow, Royal College of Pathologists
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of London
- Member, Association of Physicians of the UK
- Fellow, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene