- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Funded by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) and Centre for Systems Engineering and Innovation
- Academic visitor at Chair of Innovative and Industrial Construction, ETH Zurich from Sept 2020 to Jan 2021
His research interests lie in innovation strategies, new business models, and entrepreneurship in the transforming construction. He also has great interests in BIM, computational design and industrialized construction.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), Engineering Council
- Professional Member of Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (MCIHT)
- Professional Member of Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (MCInstCES)
- BIM ISO Expert Committee, Standardization Administration of China, buildingSMART China
Teaching & Executive Education
- Lecturer - BIM and DfMA (Executive Education), at Imperial College Business School
- Graduate Teaching Assistant - Business and Project Management (Undergraduate course), Innovation in Civil Engineering (Master course) at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
2018- Co-founder of MES Digital Limited in Hong Kong, a digital consultant has great exposure in Hong Kong and Malaysia. Trained as a civil and structural engineer and BIMer, Alexander has broad and hands-on business and research development experience in Hong Kong, mainland China, Macau, Malaysia, Switzerland, the UK. He is now leading the Group's BD and R&D strategies globally.
2014-2017 Civil & Structural Engineer with HKIE and Asia Allied Infrastructure Group, involved in several mega infrastructure projects in Hong Kong including MTRC Kwun Tong Line Extension, Wanchai Development II as well as several residential and commercial projects in Hong Kong, Macau, mainland China and Malaysia.
- 2016-2018 MSc(Distinction) in Integrated Project Delivery, the University of Hong Kong
- 2010-2014 BEng(Hons) in Civil Engineering, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
et al., 2019, Long-standing themes and new developments in offsite construction: the case of UK housing, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Civil Engineering, Vol:172, ISSN:0965-089X, Pages:29-35
Zhou A, Mosca L, Whyte J, Project-Based Firms and platforms: Cases of Digitally-Enabled Product Platforms, 37th EGOS Colloquium 2021, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) (Virtual)
Zhou A, Mosca L, Whyte J, Open platform and value appropriation: cases from digitally-enabled product platforms, 28TH IPDMC Innovation and Product Development Management Conference 2021
Zhou ASJ, Chen L, Whyte J, Information Exchange in Platform Approaches to Design for Manufacture and Assembly, 36th International Conference of CIB W78