I'm interested in a number of astrophysical phenomena, including
- Protoplanetary discs and planet formation
- Their evaporation by light from nearby stars
- Their evaporation by light from the parent star
- Case studies of individual systems (e.g. RW Aur, HD163296, IM Lup, Trappist-1)
- Star formation
- Feedback from massive stars (ionising radiation)
- Cloud-cloud collisions as possible instigators of widespread massive star formation. In particular I'm interested in predicting signatures of such a process to help observers.
I predominantly use a Monte Carlo radiation transport and hydrodynamics code called TORUS for my research. I use this tool to model situations where radiation drives the composition, temperature and dynamics of astrophysical systems. It also allows me to predict what a given model should look like through a telescope -- a ``synthetic observation''
In addition to the above, I am also interested in outreach and am involved in a collaboration between artists and scientists as part of the creativity and curiosity project.