Biology of Organisms - LS1-OB
- To gain an overall understanding of the tree of life, especially in regards to animals, plants and fungi.
- To understand how the complexity of Eukaryote life has changed both in terms of timescales and evolutionary novelty.
- To gain a more detailed knowledge of the relationships and evolution of certain groups of organisms and how these groups have changed over time.
- To understand how the evolution of photosynthesis has profoundly shaped the diversity of life.
- To understand how phylogenetics is central to our analysis of the relationships between organisms.