Tania Stathaki was born in Athens, Hellas. In September 1991 she received the Masters degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) and the Advanced Diploma in Classical Piano Performance from the Orfeion Athens College of Music. She received the Ph.D. degree in Signal Processing from Imperial College in September 1994. She is currently a Reader (Associate Professor) in the Communications and Signal Processing Research Group of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Imperial College. Previously, she was Lecturer in the Department of Information Systems and Computing of Brunel University in UK, Visiting Lecturer in the Electrical Engineering Department of Mahanakorn University in Thailand and Assistant Professor in the Department of Technology Education and Digital Systems of the University of Pireus in Greece. Her current research interests lie in the areas of Signal and Image Processing and Computer Vision.
- 2008-present: Reader (Associate Professor),Communications and Signal Processing Research Group, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London.
- 2003-2008: Senior Lecturer, Communications and Signal Processing Research Group, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London.
- 2003-2004: Assistant Professor, Department of Technology Education and Digital Systems, University of Pireus, Greece.
- 1998-2003: Lecturer, Communications and Signal Processing Research Group, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London.
- 1997-1998: Lecturer, Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, UK.
- 1991-1994, PhD in Signal Processing, Imperial College London
- 1986-1991, MEng in Electronics and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens
et al., 2013, Mixture Subclass Discriminant Analysis Link to Restricted Gaussian Model and Other Generalizations, IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol:24, ISSN:2162-237X, Pages:8-21
et al., 2012, Linear Subclass Support Vector Machines, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol:19, ISSN:1070-9908, Pages:575-578
Dulai A, Stathaki T, 2012, Mean shift tracking through scale and occlusion, IET Signal Processing, Vol:6, ISSN:1751-9675, Pages:534-540
et al., 2012, Regularized kernel discriminant analysis with a robust kernel for face recognition and verification, IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol:23, ISSN:2162-237X, Pages:526-534
Giannarou S, Stathaki T, 2011, Optimal Edge Detection Using Multiple Operators for Image Understanding, Eurasip Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol:28
Tzimiropoulos G, Argyriou V, Stathaki T, 2010, Subpixel Registration With Gradient Correlation, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol:20, ISSN:1057-7149, Pages:1761-1767
et al., 2010, Robust FFT-Based Scale-Invariant Image Registration with Image Gradients, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol:32, ISSN:0162-8828, Pages:1899-1906
Katzouraki A, Stathaki T, 2009, Intelligent traffic control on internet-like topologies-integration of graph principles to classic Runge-Kutta methods, Journal of Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems (dcds) Supplements, Vol:2009, Pages:404-415
Tzimiropoulos G, Mitianoudis N, Stathaki T, 2008, A unifying approach to moment-based shape orientation and symmetry classification, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol:18, ISSN:1057-7149, Pages:125-139
Mitianoudis N, Stathaki T, 2008, Optimal Contrast Correction for ICA-Based Fusion of Multimodal Images, IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol:8, ISSN:1530-437X, Pages:2016-2026