I am a theoretician working in the field of attosecond physics. I study fundamental ultrafast electronic processes that occur in molecules and clusters following excitation and/or ionisation, for example by a laser pulse. These electronic transitions, such as Auger decay, interatomic (intermolecular) Coulombic decay (ICD) and others, are driven by electron-electron interaction and are the basic manifestation of the electron correlation in nature. They are of high practical importance for estimation and understanding of the radiation damage done by high-frequency radiation. My group is developing and using first principles many-electron theoretical methods to investigate the complex dynamics of the known electronic rearrangements and to predict new physical phenomena of this type. The ab initio computational method developed in my group recently, B-spline algebraic diagrammatic construction (ADC), allows us to look inside the radiative and non-radiative many-electron transitions in order to study the onset and the effect of quantum coherence on these phenomena.
I am also interested in bioinformatics, especially in the numerical simulations and software development for biomolecular mass spectrometry.
I was an EPSRC Research Fellow in 2010-2015, was appointed a Lecturer in 2011, a Senior Lecturer in 2014 and a Reader in Molecular Physics in 2018.
Invited lectures and presentations
- 03.2016 UK Brokerage Research Delegation to Israel. Invited Talk: “Attosecond electron hole dynamics in molecules”. Sole representative of Imperial College London and of the UK attosecond science.
- 07.2016 21st International Workshop “Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics”, QSCPXXI, Vancouver, Canada. Plenary talk: “Molecular many-electron dynamics in laser fields by B-spline algebraic diagrammatic construction”.
- 08.2017 2nd International Symposium on Attosecond Science, RIKEN, Japan. Invited talk: “Full ab initio theory of attosecond pump-probe spectroscopy”.
- 11.2017 The Isaiah Shavitt Workshop on: “Quantum Mechanics in Chemistry: From Structure to Dynamics”. Invited talk: “Many-electron theory of attosecond pump-probe spectroscopy”
- 01.2018 Workshop on: “Light-Matter Interaction: Recent Advances in Theory”, DESY, Hamburg, Germany. Invited talk: “Coherence in attosecond ionisation”
- 09.2019 Quantum, Atomic, and Molecular Physics Conference (QuAMP 2019), University of Birmingham, UK. Invited talk: “Coherence in attosecond ionisation”
Scientific Consultant, Maxeler Technologies Ltd, London. Brokering and supervising technological development projects with Imperial College London (Chemistry, Physics), The Institute of Cancer, CERN, European XFEL, UK and foreign government.
2011-2019 Linear Algebra module in the Mathematics for Controlled Quantum Dynamics course for the CDT students
2011-2014 Quantum Optics (Year 3, together with Jon Marangos)
2015-2019 Group Theory (Year 3)
2020-present Complex Analysis (Year 1)
et al., 2021, Proteomic Database Search Engine for Two-Dimensional Partial Covariance Mass Spectrometry, Analytical Chemistry, Vol:93, ISSN:0003-2700, Pages:14946-14954
et al., 2021, Polarization in strong-field ionization of excited helium, Journal of Physics B-atomic Molecular and Optical Physics, Vol:54, ISSN:0953-4075
et al., 2021, Correlation-driven transient hole dynamics resolved in space and time in the isopropanol molecule, Physical Review X, Vol:11, ISSN:2160-3308, Pages:1-15
et al., 2021, Two-dimensional partial covariance mass spectrometry for the top-down analysis of intact proteins., Analytical Chemistry, Vol:93, ISSN:0003-2700, Pages:10779-10788
et al., 2021, Chimera spectrum diagnostics for peptides using two-dimensional partial covariance mass spectrometry, Molecules, Vol:26, ISSN:1420-3049