Qualifications and Employment History
- PhD in Immunology, Pasteur Institute - Paris, 1999.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Epigenetics, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre - London, 1999-2005.
- Joined Imperial College in November 2005 as Lecturer and Head of the Epigenetics and Development Group at the Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology. Promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2012.
- Awarded a MRC Collaborative Career Development Award in Stem Cell Research, 2004-2007 and a BBSRC New Investigator Award in Genes and Developmental Biology, 2009-2012.
- Two career breaks in the form of maternity leave: from November 2006 to April 2007 and from February 2011 to September 2011.
- BSc in Reproductive and Developmental Science (Biomedical Science)
Postgraduate Taught Courses
- MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology
- MSc Human Molecular Genetics
- MRes Cancer Biology
- PhD project supervisor
- Master project supervisor for MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology, MSc Genes, Drugs, Stem Cells - Novel Therapies, MRes Biomedical Research and MRes Cancer Biology
Other College Roles
- Member of the Postgraduate Education Committee for the Department of Surgery and Cancer
- Member of MSc Teaching Committee in quality of course module organiser on Stem Cell Biology - MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology
- Course tutor of the departmental MRes programme in Cancer Biology
- Course tutor of the divisional MSc programme in Reproductive Biology
- Personal tutor for PhD students and MSc Reproductive and Developmental Biology students
- Academic mentor for MRC LMS (previously MRC CSC) PhD students
- Member of the People and Culture Committee for the Department of Surgery and Cancer - Athena SWAN silver Award winner
- Member of Departmental Academic Mentor Network
- Member of Departmental Senior Recruitment and Promotion Panels
et al., 2017, Jmjd2c facilitates the assembly of essential enhancer-protein complexes at the onset of embryonic stem cell differentiation, Development, Vol:144, ISSN:0950-1991, Pages:567-579
et al., 2016, Distinct mechanisms regulate Cdx2 expression in the blastocyst and in trophoblast stem cells, Scientific Reports, Vol:6, ISSN:2045-2322
Percharde M, Azuara V, 2013, Essential roles for the nuclear receptor coactivator Ncoa3 in pluripotency, Cell Cycle, Vol:12, ISSN:1538-4101, Pages:195-196
et al., 2012, Ncoa3 functions as an essential Esrrb coactivator to sustain embryonic stem cell self-renewal and reprogramming, Genes & Development, Vol:26, ISSN:0890-9369, Pages:2286-2298
et al., 2012, Bmi1 facilitates primitive endoderm formation by stabilizing Gata6 during early mouse development, Genes & Development, Vol:26, ISSN:0890-9369, Pages:1445-1458