- Water resources and environmental change
- Hydrological simulation and prediction
- Integrated water resources management
- Hydrological monitoring, participatory approaches, and citizens science
- Decision support and the science - policy interface
- 2019 - 2022: Water security and climate change adaptation in Peruvian glacier-fed river basins (RAHU). NERC / CONCYTEC Peru (£950k). Lead PI (jointly with Dr Pedro Rau, UTEC Peru).
- 2019 - 2021: Understanding and managing the risk of water related diseases under hydrometeorological extremes. NERC / Malaysian Ministry of Education (£500k). Lead PI (jointly with Dr Zed Zulkafli, Universiti Putra Malaysia).
- 2019 - 2021: Philippines Groundwater Outlook (PhiGO). NERC / Philippine Council for Industry, Energy & Emerging Technology Research & Development. (£500k). Co-I (Led by Dr Andrew Barkwith, BGS).
- 2018 - 2022:How do the Páramos store water? The role of plants and people. NERC (£1.1M). Co-PI (Led by France Gerard, CEH).
- 2018 - 2022: SHEAR Studentship Cohort. NERC (£1.6M). Lead PI
- 2018 - 2022: Green Infrastructure for Water Security. USAID (US$ 15M). Co-PI (led by Forest Trends)
- 2018 - 2022: Pathways to equitable cities. Wellcome Trust (£4M). Co-I (led by Majid Ezzati, Imperial College London).
- 2018 - 2022: Transforming Water, weather, and climate information through In situ observations for Geo-services in Africa (TWIGA). EU-H2020 (€ 5M). Co-PI (led by Nick van de Giesen, TUDelft).
- 2016 - 2021: Citizen science for landslide risk reduction and disaster resilience building in mountain regions. UK NERC/DFID (£2M). Lead Principal Investigator.
For a full list of past research grants refer to our group website
- Alison Prior
- Will Veness
- Anna Twomlow
- Neeraj Sah
- Charles Zogheib
- 2020: Hsi-Kai Chou
- 2020: Simon De Stercke
- 2019: Boris Ochoa-Tocachi
- 2018: Peter Blair
- 2018: Sam Grainger
- 2018: Tilashwork Chanie
- 2016: Manz, Bastian. Evaluation and Advancement of Satellite Precipitation Estimation over the Tropical Andes
- 2016: O'Keeffe, Jimmy. Development of hydro-economic models to support water resources management in the Ganga Basin in a poverty alleviation context
- 2016: Moulds, Simon. Mapping the vulnerability of water resources under environmental change: case studies in Peru and India
- 2016: Liu, Xi. Integrated modelling and performance analysis of Blue Green technologies in urban environments
- 2015: Vitolo, Claudia. Environmental Models as Web Services.
- 2015: Tsarouchi, Gina. Development of a Distributed Catchment Hydrological Model and Assessing the Impacts of Land Use Changes on Flooding in the Ganges Basin
- 2014: Almeida, Susana. Predicting River Flows in Ungauged Catchments for Flood and Drought Applications
- 2014: Zulkafli, Zed. The hydrology of the Peruvian Amazon River and its sensitivity to climate change
- 2013: Bergin (Ward), Emma. Statistical Downscaling for Hydrological Applications in the Tropical Andes