Yang earned his Master's degree in the Department of Mechanical Engineering in Tianjin University, China. Prior to joining the Electrochemical Science & Engineering Group in ICL, he focused on modelling the electro-chemo-physical processes in PEM fuel cells, especially the mass and heat transfer phenomena.
His current research interest is on modelling the electrochemical behaviours of silicon-based lithium-ion batteries, especially their degradation mechanisms.
Jiang Y, Zhang L, Offer G, et al. A user-friendly lithium battery simulator based on open-source CFD[J]. Digital Chemical Engineering, 2022: 100055.
Penjuru N M H, Reddy G V, Nair M R, et al. Machine Learning Aided Predictions for Capacity Fade of Li-Ion Batteries[J]. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2022.
Ai W, Kirkaldy N, Jiang Y, et al. A composite electrode model for lithium-ion batteries with silicon/graphite negative electrodes[J]. Journal of Power Sources, 2022, 527: 231142.
Jiang Y, Niu Z, Offer G J, et al. Insights into the Role of Silicon and Graphite in the Electrochemical Performance of Silicon/Graphite Blended Electrodes with a Multi-Material Porous Electrode Model[J]. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2022.
Edge J S, O'Kane S, Prosser R, et al., 2021 Lithium Ion Battery Degradation: What you need to know[J]. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics.
Yu X, Jiang Y, Yang X, et al., 2021, Dodecanethiol Coated Muti-Walled Carbon Nanotube Films as Flexible Current Collector for Lithium-Ion Batteries. Materials Letters.
Xie B, Zhang G, Jiang Y, et al. 2020, “3D 1D” modeling approach toward large-scale PEM fuel cell simulation and partitioned optimization study on flow field. eTransportation.
Jiang Y, Offer G, Jiang J, et al., 2020, Voltage Hysteresis Model for Silicon Electrodes for Lithium Ion Batteries, Including Multi-Step Phase Transformations, Crystallization and Amorphization. J. Electrochem. Soc, Vol: 167, ISSN:0013-4651, Pages: 13
Yang Jiang, Kui Jiao. Modeling and analysis of water and heat transfer characteristics of proton exchange membrane fuel cell[J]. Journal of Thermal Science and Technology. 2019, 18(03). DOI:10.13738/j.issn.1671-8097.218092.
Jiang Y, Yang Z, Jiao K, et al., 2018, Sensitivity analysis of uncertain parameters based on an improved proton exchange membrane fuel cell analytical model. Energy Conversion and Management, Vol:164, ISSN:0196-8904, Pages:639-654.
- Billy Wu, Niall Kirkaldy, Mayur P. Bonkile, Yang Jiang, M. Naylor-Marlow, Y. Patel, Xinhua Liu, Huizhi Wang, E. Martinez-Paneda, Gregory Offer. “Multi-Scale Battery Modelling: Understanding Coupled Electrochemical and Mechanical Effects”. 243rd ECS meeting with the 18th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XVIII). May 2023, Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts, America. Invited presentation.
- Niall Kirkaldy, Yang Jiang, Weilong Ai, Mohammad Amin Samieian, Zhiqiang Niu, Gregory J Offer, Jin Xuan, Monica Marinescu, Billy Wu, Huizhi Wang, Yatish Patel. “Silicon–graphite composite electrodes: modelling state-of-charge and current distribution, and experimentally determining degradation rates”. ModVal 2023 - 19th Symposium on Fuel Cell and Battery Modeling and Experimental Validation. March 2023, Duisburg (Mercatorhalle), Germany.
- Zirui Shao, Yang Jiang*, Gregory Offer, Huizhi Wang. Modeling of the Thermal Behaviors of Silicon/Graphite Composite Electrodes for Lithium-ion Batteries (speaker). International Conference on Applied Energy. August, 2022, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. Recommendation to the special issue of ICAE2022
- Yang Jiang, Gregory Offer, Huizhi Wang. Model analysis of silicon-based electrodes for lithium ion batteries (poster presentation). Advanced battery power conference. March 2022, Münster, Germany
- Yang Jiang, Gregory Offer, et al. Mechanistic model of lithiation and delithiation in silicon. “Next Generation Sustainable Batteries” IMSE online poster session, 2021.02, YouTube link
- Xie B, Jiang Y, et al., Large-Scale Simulation of PEM Fuel Cell Using a “3D 1D” Model. International Society of Automotive Engineers(SAE) Technical Paper, 2020. | DOI
- Yang Jiang, Kui Jiao. Water and heat transfer study of proton exchange membrane fuel cell based on an analytical model. National conference on engineering thermal physics. 2018.05, North China University of Science and Technology, Tangshan, China.
- Lu YQ, Huang DG, et al., Influence analysis of driving pattern factors on bus fuel economy by the SEM, 35th Chinese Control Conference (CCC). IEEE, 2016: 8920-8925. | DOI