Induction - Technical Staff
On your first day:
On your first day
On your first day at work you must complete:
- Safety induction
- HR Meeting
- Group procedures induction
- Mandatory training (where relevant to your role)
Your line manager or group administrator can help you if needed.
What DO you need to do with HR on your first day?
In your contract pack you will be given a date and time to visit HR.
What you need to bring with you:
- Your passport (and any immigration documentation you have if you are a non EEA national). If you do not bring this you will not be able to start work.
- Your original qualification certificate.
- Completed Personal Details form.
- Completed Bank and Pension Details form.
- P45 or P46 if you do not have a P45.
- A signed copy of your contract.
If you do not have a National Insurance number, we will be able to provide you with an application form at this meeting.
New member of staff, please ask to be taken through each of the below points.
Group/Section Induction giver - please ensure each point has been completed, it is essential that new members of staff are made aware/given information for all of the below.
Below is a list of items that should be covered.
New member of staff Induction
|In case of Emergency - What to do, Emergency numbers, identify Safety Contacts|
|Swipe Card (Completed day 1 induction to be taken to Security Office to obtain)|
|Tour around the Department|
|Security - Lockers, Keys, Swipe|
|Set up new employee with computer login|
|Set up new employee with a desk (if applicable)|
|Group Telephone List given|
|Drinks/Lunch - Where to go? How long for lunch?|
|Stationary - Where can this be found?|
|Conditions of use for Imperial Computers|
|Sickness - who to notify.|
|Holiday - How much? How to book time off.|
|Finance: placing orders/travel procedures/Expense Policy|
|Office hours and out of hours working / lone working|
|How to book rooms|
|Photocopying - How to gain access|
|Season ticket loans|
Please see New Starters Safety Training and Inductions for details of what training you need to complete.
Who's who in the Department:
- Head of Department's Office (HoDs Office)
- Research Group contacts
- Other Contacts within the Department
- Mechanical Instrumentation Workshop
- Health and safety contacts
- Emergency Contacts