Our Programme Specifications are important documents for all undergraduate students. They are updated every year for each new cohort of students. As a rule, students should view the version that matches their year of entry and their degree programme.
The documents will include:
- an overview of the programme
- learning outcomes
- a year-by-year breakdown of each degree’s structure
- teaching and learning methods
- list of available modules, including electives (the modules on offer can occasionally change over time)
- assessment types
- progression and classification rules
- details of accreditation
This page was last updated 30.08.22
Programme Specifications tabs
F300 - BSc Physics
F303 - MSci Physics
F309 - MSci Physics with a Year Abroad
F325 - BSc Physics with Theoretical Physics
F390 - MSci Physics with Theoretical Physics
F3W3 - BSc Physics and Music Performance
These documents were updated in March 2022 and are currently subject to College approval.
Programme specifications for 2018-19 entry can be found on the Quality Assurance section of Imperial's website. Please scroll down to Faculty of the Natural Sciences.
These documents were written before a number of changes were implemented.
- Horizons are 7.5 ECTS and not 6 ECTS as shown in the 2018-19 programme specs.
- Old style module codes are shown. You can find the new, correct codes on our master module page.
- Physics FHEQ 5 modules (Environmental Physics, Maths Methods and Sun, Stars and Planets) and Communicating Phyiscs are worth 5 ECTS from 2020-21.
- Communicating Physics is a FHEQ 5 module from 2020-21.