Covid-19 Service Changes
Information correct at 10.11.20
View the visiting campuses safely webpage.
- The UG Office (Blackett, room 317) will be temporarily closed due to the new national lockdown, which is due to end on 2 December 2020. Please email Kayleigh and Amy at email@example.com with your queries. Students can meet staff on MS Teams, the 'online office' will be open 09:30 - 16:00 (GMT) on weekdays, with an hour for lunch.
- The Postgraduate Office will also be temporarily closed due to the new national lockdown. Please email Loli Sanchez and Andrew Williamson to arrange a meeting with them on MS Teams.
- Our Student Liaison Officer (Yasmin Andrew) will see students on MS Teams. Students should contact her by email to arrange an appointment.
- Our Disabilities Liaison Officer (Mery Fajardo) will see students on MS Teams. Students are required to email her to make an appointment.
Space in the Blackett Laboratory
- The Computer Suite on Level 3 will be closed during Term 1. This closure is required as the PCs in the room will be required by students for remote access. We will review the closure of the Computer Suite during term 1 in line with any changes to College guidance.
- The social spaces on the Level 2 and 3 Foyer areas will not be open for students, with the chairs and tables either removed or taped up.
- The Student Common Room will remain closed during October. We will review this in November after the student Year Reps have been elected.
- The quiet study corridor on Level 1 will remain closed during Term 1. This decision will be reviewed before the start of Term 2.
- The social space on Level 1 (between LTs 2 and 3) will be closed during Term 1. This decision will be reviewed before the start of Term 2.
- The quiet computer room on Level 2 will remain open as it forms part of the disability access for LT1. However, we will be removing the chairs and mice and keyboards from the PCs.
- The lockers on Level 0 will remain available for student use.
- There has been a major change to the way we have set up our timetables for 2020-21. College has called this 'multi-mode'. For information on what the means in the Physics Department, please view our timetables webpage.
- A small number of timetabled teaching events might fall outside the normal working day of the college.
- We expect that MS Teams events will end at 10 minutes to the hour as traditional in-person teaching events would have done.
- The starting times for Labs have been staggered between year groups.
- Year 1: on the hour
- Year 2: 10 minutes past the hour
- Year 3: 15 minutes past the hour