Launched in 2009, the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre (PFDC) provides a bespoke programme of development opportunities that focus on multiple pathways for success. We encourage you to take an honest appraisal of your skills, abilities and aptitudes, and help you identify how your skills can be translated into those required for a multitalented workforce.
- Courses, workshops and events
- Individual support – One to one appointments and mock interviews
- Working with departments – PFDC Reps and Champions
- Online resources
- Support and development for fellowship applicants
- Resources specifically for fellows and clinicians
Key areas of focus include:
- Planning to succeed
- CVs, applications and interviews
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Influence and impact
- Professional development
- Personal development and wellbeing
- Writing for publication
"The PFDC team offer a great service and support. I am certain the courses, one-to-ones and mock interview helped me to get my next position."
"The entire PFDC team has been a massive support system during my stay at Imperial. This is one of the best experiences I have had at Imperial."
"The Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre has been phenomenal in helping to write my applications and practice my interview skills. They are such a valuable resource for postdocs and really help us to advance our careers."