Lectureship CVs: What You Need to be Working Towards Now to Succeed in 5 Years
Information and Booking
Tutor: Dr Karen Hinxman - Imperial College London
For: Research fellows at Imperial, free of charge. Postdocs will be added to the waiting list. Not available externally.
Please note: Absences and cancellations with less than 5 working days' notice will result in a £50 charge.
Tuesday 24 January, 09.30-12.30, online
More information will become available closer to the day of the course.
This course is designed to provide postdocs with useful information to help them prepare for the next stage of an academic career. Is a lectureship the right thing for you? Are there other options? Most importantly, can you make your academic career ambitions a reality? If you want to explore the answers to these questions, then this is the course for you.
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses for career promotion
- The importance of networking and how to do it
- How to maximise the potential of your CV
- Obtaining fellowships and grants
- What to do once you actually have a lectureship
Further information: Priority for this course will be given to fellows.