Making the Most of your Postdoc
Information and Booking
12 to 14 February
20 to 22 May
Making the most of your postdocis designed to equip you with the skills and resources you need to achieve success as a postdoc and launch your career as a researcher.
It is a three-day residential course for postdocs in their first two years.
In a structured and supportive environment facilitated by experienced trainers, you will gain a thorough understanding of your career options and develop tools and techniques to help you set and reach a series of short, medium and long term goals to maximise your success as a postdoc and plan for your next step.
- Examine what makes a successful postdoc
- Develop strategies to move toward research independence
- Learn techniques for working successfully with your PI
- Research your career options
- Build a toolkit to plan your career
- Set clear and robust goals to ensure success for you and your work
Venue: Shendish Manor
Accommodation expenses, including meals during the course, will be met by the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre.
If a cancellation is made less than 15 working days before the residential course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the participant’s department. For cancellations received with less than ten days’ notice, a £350 charge will be levied from the delegate’s department.