Making the Most of your Postdoc
Information and Booking
Making the most of your postdocis designed to equip you with the skills and resources you need to achieve success as a postdoc and launch your career as a researcher.
It is a three-day residential course for postdocs in their first two years.
In a structured and supportive environment facilitated by experienced trainers, you will gain a thorough understanding of your career options and develop tools and techniques to help you set and reach a series of short, medium and long term goals to maximise your success as a postdoc and plan for your next step.
- Examine what makes a successful postdoc
- Develop strategies to move toward research independence
- Learn techniques for working successfully with your PI
- Research your career options
- Build a toolkit to plan your career
- Set clear and robust goals to ensure success for you and your work
Venue: Shendish Manor
Accommodation expenses, including meals during the course, will be met by the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre.
If a cancellation is made less than 15 working days before the residential course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the participant’s department. For cancellations received with less than ten days’ notice, a £350 charge will be levied from the delegate’s department.