Making the Most of your Postdoc
Information and Booking
Tutors: Dr Karen Hinxman - PFDC, Imperial College London, and Dr Emma Williams - Independent Consultant
For: Postdocs at Imperial, free of charge. Not available externally.
Please note: Absences and cancellations with less than ten working days' notice will result in a £350 charge.
Duration: Three days
Monday 15 - Wednesday 17 May, 09.00-18.00, in-person with overnight stay (Venue TBC)
More information will become available closer to the day of the course.
This course is designed to equip you with the skills and resources you need to achieve success as a postdoc and launch your career as a researcher.
It is a three-day online course for postdocs in their first two years.
In a structured and supportive environment facilitated by experienced trainers, you will gain a thorough understanding of your career options and develop tools and techniques to help you set and reach a series of short, medium, and long-term goals to maximise your success as a postdoc and plan for your next step.
- Examine what makes a successful postdoc
- Develop strategies to move toward research independence
- Learn techniques for working successfully with your PI
- Research your career options
- Build a toolkit to plan your career
- Set clear and robust goals to ensure success for you and your work