Getting Your Next Job (Postdocs in Physical Sciences & Engineering)
Information and Booking
Tutor: Richard Carruthers – Imperial College London
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 0.5 day (13:00-17:00)
What have past participants found most useful?
- Exercises allowing you to reflect on your current set of skills/CV and providing practical tips on how to improve them (NHLI postdoc)
- By logically and accessibly approaching everything it has made job searching/applying a much less daunting task. Lots of good CV tips, too (Postdoc, Chemistry)
Who should attend
Are you unsure where your career is heading? Perhaps you are trying to plan the next step in your career but don’t know where to start? If so, this is the course for you! The team from the Careers Service will assist you in preparing and planning your future career options whether you are heading in an academic or non-academic direction. This course is tailored for those in the first few years of their postdoc with research interests in Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Understand what is involved in developing a career plan
- Identify the skills you have developed to date and the added value of your postdoc experience
- Understand UK employer requirements
- Gain knowledge on advertised and unadvertised opportunities open to you inside and outside academia
- Market yourself more effectively on your CV & application forms
- Review your next steps