Finding funding opportunities
Access a manually curated database of global opportunities including fellowships and travel grants
The College has a subscription to Idox ResearchConnect (before called Idox GRANTfinder 4 Education), an online provider for research funding information offering a searchable database of funding opportunities with the option to subscribe to alerts.
Idox ResearchConnect allows academic institutions in the UK to service all their funding search requirements in one place:
RESEARCHconnect: Research funding - from all funders types (UK and international) that are available to both institutions and individuals.
Enterprise Funding (before called GRANTfinder): Infrastructure and development funding - from all funding types (UK and European) that are available to institutions
- The Knowledge Exchange (TKE): Policy papers – across Government (regional & UK), EU Commission, Think Tanks and Research bodies. Please see what ‘The Knowledge Exchange’ offer.
ResearchConnect - the UK's first grants and policy information service tailored specifically for further and higher education institutions, featuring over 20,000 continuously updated opportunities. As a professional funding service powered by Europe’s leading provider of funding and policy information, ResearchConnect provides you with the following key benefits:
- A one-stop-shop of funding information – removing the legwork when searching for funding opportunities.
- A holistic view of the funding landscape – thousands of funding opportunities reported to support both R&D and wider business development.
- Updated in real time – as soon as it is known about a new funding opportunity, so do you.
- All information is presented in Plain English – ensuring that jargon and text-heavy guidelines are easily accessible to users.
- Encouraging knowledge transfer – allows you to disseminate information through bespoke reports and intuitive reporting features.
- Email alerts – automatic updates on saved searches, alerting you to new or updated funds relevant to your research.
- News alerts – approaching deadlines and new funding calls delivered directly to your inbox.
- A regular funding bulletin, categorised by discipline, keeping you updated with research areas of interest to you
Who should sign up?
All staff involved in research and research administration are encouraged to sign up. Students are also welcome to use this service.
How do I sign up?
To set up an account you need to register on Idox ResearchConnect.
Note you will need to register separately to have access to the TKE service.
How do I use the system?
Using the system is quite straightforward. Please see this video (for internal use only) that outlines the key differences between the ‘current’ and ‘new’ versions https://youtu.be/APPhLA_LGis.
If you have additional queries please contact the Strategy Research Facilitator Ester Buchaca-Domingo.
Adapted from Faculty of Natural Sciences Idox Webpage