Dr Aditya Sengar
Welcome to my webpage! I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Bioengineering at Imperial College London. As a computational physicist, my research interests lie in the multiscale modeling of physical systems.
Under the guidance of Dr. Thomas Ouldridge, I am currently working on oxDNA, a coarse grained DNA model to capture the kinetics and thermodynamics of DNA processes.
Prior to joining Imperial College London, I completed my PhD cum laude at Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands. During my doctoral research, I focused on particle-based modeling of chemical reactions in microreactors and macroreactors.
Please feel free to explore my website to learn more about my research, publications, and other academic pursuits.
- F. Smith, A. Sengar, G.B. Stan, T. E. Ouldridge, W. Bae. Overcoming the speed limit of fourway DNA branch migration with bulges in toeholds. Submitted in JACS
- R. Mukherjee, A. Sengar, T. E. Ouldridge. Kinetic Proofreading to Enhance Single Nucleotide Discrimination in a Non-enzymatic DNA Strand Displacement Network. Submitted in Nature Nanotech
- A. Stannard, A. Sengar, L. Michele, T. E. Ouldridge. Allosteric topological modulation of toehold-mediated strand displacement. Under Preparation
- A. Sengar, T. E. Ouldridge. On the free energy landscape of the Handhold Mediated Strand Displacement reaction using oxDNA. Under Preparation
- A. Sengar, E. Hatton, T. E. Ouldridge. A deep learning-based model for predicting oxDNA generated hybridization kinetics. Under Preparation
- A. Sengar, T. E. Ouldridge, O. Henrich, L. Rovigatti, P. Sulc. A primer on the oxDNA model of DNA: When to use it, how to simulate it and how to interpret the results. Front. Mol. Biosci. , 2021,
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen. Deactivation Kinetics of the Catalytic Alkylation Reaction. ACS Catalysis, 2020, 10, XXX, 6988–7006
- A. Sengar, R.A. van Santen, E. Steur, J.A.M. Kuipers, J.T. Padding. Deactivation Kinetics of Solid Acid Catalyst with Laterally Interacting Protons. ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8(10), 9016-9033
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen, J.T. Padding. Towards a particle based approach for multiscale modeling of heterogeneous catalytic reactors. Chem. Eng. Sci. 2018, 198, 184-197 (Selected as cover picture of vol. 198 Chem. Eng. Sci)
- R.A. Van Santen, A. Sengar, E. Steur. The challenge of catalyst prediction. Faraday Discussions 2018, 208, 35-52
- A. Sengar, J.A.M. Kuipers, R.A. van Santen, J.T. Padding. Particle-based modeling of heterogeneous chemical kinetics including mass transfer. Physical Review E 2017, 96 (2), 022115
- E.N.M. Cirillo, O. Krehel, A. Muntean, R.A. van Santen, A. Sengar. Residence time estimates for asymmetric simple exclusion dynamics on strips. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 2016, 442, 436-457